PDA

View Full Version : Retuxin infusion

Dorothea
07-14-2020, 12:51 PM
Has anyone ever gotten sick after getting Retuxin?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Masha
07-14-2020, 04:51 PM
No. For the first few my legs would ache a bit. But when I received the most recent one I was just fine. Other than not sleeping the night of infusion because of high dose steroids, I was OK.
Did you have yours and get sick?
How is everything else going?
I am scheduled for my Rituxin infusion in a few weeks. It is at a new location and I hope all goes well.
Masha

John S
07-14-2020, 10:43 PM
Like Masha, I can’t sleep right after the infusion. The next day I’m fine. In a few weeks, I it kicks in and keeps the symptoms away.

Pete
07-14-2020, 11:51 PM
My rituximab infusions have all been non-events. I’m restless the night of the infusion and a little tired the next day, but that has never interfered with anything I wanted to do.

Onirin
07-16-2020, 06:20 AM
I have received 3 rounds of infusions (rounds are 2 visits each) but I normally dont feel too sick. When you say sick I'm thinking you mean nauseous or upset stomach and I did not have this. My legs tended to feel "heavy" and I felt a little slow like sleepy. If I get an early morning infusion I'm fine by the next day. If I have an afternoon/evening infusion (I've sat there for 6 hours for the first dose, the second visit is shorter) I'll normally take the next day off work, but feel fine by mid day.

Alysia
07-16-2020, 08:50 PM
Has anyone ever gotten sick after getting Retuxin?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I sometimes have nausea after rtx. Also having diarrhea for the 10-14 after the IV (but I also have collagenous colitis). Sometimes I also get UTI after rtx. Also feeling sore all over, like after a car accident plus fatigue. It takes about a month to feel decent again.

shawn
07-17-2020, 05:40 AM
I have not had much after effect from rituxan until this last round which was done at 5 months which caused diarrhea.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

DStaelens
07-21-2020, 12:20 PM
If they run mine too fast we found I get extremely itchy and a bit of soreness the next day, along with an inability to sleep that night. The sleeplessness might be due to other stuff in the mix when doing the infusion.