PDA

View Full Version : Haircut

Pete
06-03-2020, 08:18 AM
Got a haircut today for the first time since March 18. I was pretty shaggy. Every other chair in the salon was kept vacant. Everyone was masked. Hand sanitizer was available and being used. I was asked to hold my mask in place and remove the loops around my ears so the stylist could trim around them.

I did on-line check in and arrived about two minutes ahead of schedule. The chairs in the waiting space were six feet apart.

I felt pretty safe during the 20 minutes I was there.

annekat
06-03-2020, 09:10 AM
That sounds great, Pete. My county is just opening up haircuts and nail salons this week. I don't use those much, but it is a big deal to people I know who do. I think I'll wait a few weeks for a hair trim until there's less competition and maybe less social distancing. I would come prepared with a mask, for sure.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

andrew
06-03-2020, 10:01 AM
Nice one Pete :) I have a very simple hair style that just requires a electric shaver. I bought one and have started doing my own hair. I'm pretty bad at it but it saves me $25 every 6 weeks or so :)

seied
06-03-2020, 01:07 PM
I've been cutting my own hair way before covid-19 became fashionable. :cool1:

drz
06-03-2020, 02:28 PM
There is a great video about getting a haircut while maintaining a six foot distance I found hilarious. It was in a foreign language but no words were needed to enjoy it. i can't find a link for it but it is MP4 file I will try attach here. Can't do it but will try post it to youtube and then add a link here.

me2
06-06-2020, 05:45 AM
I'm doing what the Big Kahuna is doing and cutting my own. I even have a name for this style of cut- the Covid Chop.

Remember when bleached out jeans with holes in them became a big deal? I'm thinking the Covid Chop might catch on just like that.

It looks like a Veternary style cut to treat for Mange and possibly gum in the hair.

Pete
06-06-2020, 08:42 AM
Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

annekat
06-11-2020, 05:41 AM
me2.... Hi, Kirk, glad you are coping well, with your sense of humor intact!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Alysia
06-18-2020, 05:15 AM
When the pandemic started we bought a haircut machine. After the first haircut that I did for my 2 sons they didn't want to talk with me :thumbdn: and were just happy that they need to stay at home :scared: the second haircut was less aweful and the third one turned out nice :thumbup:

Pete
06-18-2020, 06:07 AM
@Alysia (https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/member.php?u=7230)

There’s an old saying that the difference between a bad haircut and a good one is about two weeks. Glad to hear your cosmetology skills are improving...

me2
06-18-2020, 07:28 AM
Alysia, you have picked up a new skill during the pandemic. Good for you. I think cutting hair is kind of fun as a hobby.

chrisTIn@
06-23-2020, 12:54 AM
Got a haircut today for the first time since March 18. I was pretty shaggy. Every other chair in the salon was kept vacant. Everyone was masked. Hand sanitizer was available and being used. I was asked to hold my mask in place and remove the loops around my ears so the stylist could trim around them.

I did on-line check in and arrived about two minutes ahead of schedule. The chairs in the waiting space were six feet apart.

I felt pretty safe during the 20 minutes I was there.

It is now almost three weeks later then when you wrote this message, Pete.
I also went to see the hairdresser last week. For the first time since the outbreak of the pandemic.
Till last week, I have been cutting my own hair with the help of two mirrors, and the result was not bad at all. The secret is, to cut very little hair at one time.
You can always cut more, but what you already removed, takes weeks to grow back indeed :)

This time I felt safe enough to take the risk to go to the hairdressers shop.
They had handsanitizer positioned at the entrance, and I had the opportunity to sit in a separate room, while my hair was being cut and colored.
All went very well, and till today I have not noticed any Covid 19-symptoms. I have to wait another week to be on the safe side, but I have confidence that everything will turn out okay.

RiverJoy
06-27-2020, 10:43 AM
Yup...I cut my own too! I think I'll be continuing with this $65 savings in the future! It didn't turn out bad! lol!
On a side note...(I was just catching up on other posts)...I did get COVID in April...super mild symptoms...fever and no appetite.
I was already recovering from a flare in February...so very thankful that it ended up being a non-issue.
Went for labs today and for some reason my platelets are high (472)...waiting for the other labs to trickle in.
Frustrated, as I want to make a job change, which will require an insurance change, to a healthcare cost sharing program.
Which as I understand it, will require me to be symptom free/no active disease for 3 months, to qualify for coverage as someone with a preexisting condition. (I'm thinking this post probably doesn't belong under the haircut thread! But alas...that's where this rabbit trail started!) :)