PDA

View Full Version : medication

kelly
03-10-2020, 11:47 PM
i an going for my 4th rituxan treatment next week does anyone do immunoglobulin treatments i did my first on last week and my dr. wants me to do this monthly to help the immune system as i have been getting quite sick after my ritux infusions

andrew
03-11-2020, 03:01 PM
Nudging for an answer. Anyone? :)

Masha
03-12-2020, 06:04 PM
Hi Kelly,
I am sure your doctor knows best. How do you get sick? Vomiting? My first nurse for Rituxin infusions told me it was very important to eat a full, healthy meal beforehand. I continue to eat during infusions too. The prednisone can cause a great deal of nausea. Also, they told me to start drinking a lot of water three or four days prior.
I have never had immunoglobulin treatments, so nothing to share on that topic.
Where do you get your infusions?
Wish I could help more.
Masha

kelly
03-12-2020, 11:53 PM
my second infusion i ended up in the hospital with empyema (fliuid on the lungs) and a chest tube i was in cridical condition for 3 days and in the
hospital for 11 days my 3rd infusions i cought a cold witch stayed with me for a couple of weeks the immunoglobulins is a product of blood donations it takes 10,000 to 50,000 donations for one treatment the way it works when someone donates and might have a bug or virus in their system when donatinf it sould make me immune to what they had i will have to get the infusions once a month for
1 year