PDA

View Full Version : Hey pberggren1.....

AnnaG
02-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I saw you said you are near Saskatoon. My adopted mom lives in Bethune, are you anywhere near there or Regina? I love Canadians and wish I could live up there by my mom. But my ex would have a total fit since I have our sons and he lives in Texas. He had a royal conniption when I moved back home here to Iowa even though it was in all of our best interest. Long story.
Anyway, was just curious. Mom sometimes sends me saskatoon berry tea and I just love that stuff. Blueberry turns my stomach but saskatoon hits the spot. Weird huh? :)

pberggren1
02-11-2010, 08:59 PM
I am about a 2 and a half hour drive from Regina, the Provincial Capital. I love Saskatoon Pie or Fresh Saskatoons on Ice Cream or Saskatoon Jam. What is your Mom's full name? I know my Aunt in Regina knows someone in Bethune.

Sangye
02-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Well, I feel like an idiot for asking and I know I could hide my ignorance and google it, but what's a saskatoon?

I'm shocked that I made it to 46 without knowing about something you can make into a pie or ice cream. I thought I had "Pie and Ice Cream" covered pretty well.

AnnaG
02-12-2010, 03:51 AM
LOL, Sangye, saskatoons are like blueberries only better and they only grow in Canada as far as I know.
pberg, her name is Dolores Dupuis. But she doesn't know yet that I'm being tested for Wegs cuz I don't want to worry her unless they finally come out with a firm diagnosis. I know she knows something is up because of all these appointments I've had. I just don't want her and papa to worry as his BP has been up and trying to get it under control. He is like 72 yrs now and had heart bypass b4. If the drs give a firm diagnosis then I will give mom this site so she can see what it's all about. She has Crohn's disease so stress would likely make her flare as well. I just tell her my dr is paranoid and always running tests. But she's smart and knows something is up I think, cuz when papa called on my birthday on the 5th, he had THAT tone in his voice and said, 'So, you're not doing so good huh?' Arg. He gets right to the point eh? LOL. Anyway, I just pooh poohed it away and he left it. They are coming here again in May I'm pretty sure and I can't wait to see them again. I cry just thinking about last May when they had to go home. *sigh* If there was any way I could ever move up to them, I would and my ex be damned. But with my insurance and health and all, that ain't gonna happen. :(
Mom said they've had a lot of snow like here and cold as heck. Papa still goes out and shovels snow and that scares the crap outta me, but if he doesn't keep busy somehow he will go bonkers with stress. When they were here last May he cleaned and re-screened evry window in my house! And there are a LOT of windows here. Thank God it's a single level. He definitely has to keep moving or he goes nuts. Love him to pieces. :)

AnnaG
02-12-2010, 04:04 AM
Oh yeah pberg, a phlebotomist is that vampire person from the lab that comes and draws your blood.
oo
vv
u

Sangye
02-12-2010, 04:22 AM
During one of my JH hospitalizations, a phlebotomist showed up in my room for morning blood. She was in her 60's, heavy eyebrows, very somber faced. She had a strong Eastern European accent and as she walked in she said very seriously, "Good morning. I'm here to take your blood." It sounded exactly like Dracula. I had to bite the insides of my mouth to keep from laughing.

AnnaG
02-12-2010, 04:37 AM
LMBO Sangye! OMG that had to give you the heebie jeebies. Actually, I likely would have busted a gutt. :P

pberggren1
02-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Hopefully some day you can come up here and visit Anna!