Middlesista
03-09-2020, 07:26 AM
Has anyone had a echo bubble test?

andrew
03-11-2020, 03:06 PM
Nudging for an answer - anyone? :)

Pete
03-11-2020, 11:45 PM
I’ve never had one. Here’s what it’s about: https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/what-is-a-bubble-study

Middlesista
03-13-2020, 11:04 AM
Well now I can answer my own question. Had this procedure done - for my situation due to low oxygen sats the pulmonologist was looking for a shunting of blood. They insert IV and the nurse agitated the saline - I read that they add 1 ml of air but they told me they just agitate the saline by hooking two 10 ml syringes, one with saline and one empty connected by stock cock device and quickly push the saline from one syringe to the other. I was watching the echo screen and after they quickly pushed in the saline the rt chamber of my heart looked foamy - if that makes sense - but I did not notice this in the left side but I could not see the screen very well. Other than them having a hard time with obtaining IV access the procedure was not difficult

Thanks Andrew and Pete for your responses. Now I am looking at a diagnostic rt heart cath - wonderful ��

Pete
03-13-2020, 02:19 PM
I had a heart cath two years ago. They went in through my right wrist. They gave me 5 mcg of fentanyl to relax me. I was coherently awake and watched the monitor while the dye flowed through my heart. The procedure was almost painless. Post-op, they used a compression sleeve so I wouldn’t bleed. The cath itself took about 15 minutes.

Middlesista
03-15-2020, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the info Pete. 😊