PDA

View Full Version : Eyes constantly watering

Yvonnea
02-10-2010, 04:57 AM
Hi all,

i am in remission...well I hope I am. I am on 10mg of prednisone and 100mg imuran. But for the last few months I have had awful problems with my eyes.
They are constantly watering...so much so that I always have tears down my face.
I said it to my Doc, and he feels that since nothing is showing up in the bloods that I am all clear.
It is not painful, but very annoying.
Is there anything I can do, or should I shut up and put up?

Thanks
Yvonne.

jola57
02-10-2010, 05:11 AM
My tearing is not as bad but it feels like I always have excess tears in my eyes. It has gotten so that I have eye glasses because words are all blurred.

Jack
02-10-2010, 05:45 AM
I had tears running down my face for several years even though I was in full remission. I declined any for of operation to clear it up and it just went away of its own accord. It was a minor inconvenience compared to most of the other stuff.

elephant
02-10-2010, 06:01 AM
You can always go to the eye doctor and get it checked out. Blocked duct and sometimes the WG attacks the eye.

Lightwarrior
02-10-2010, 06:03 AM
Thanks, once again I'm reaping the value of all of your experience and knowledge. I am in the tears running down my face at times and all of the time eyes watering. Since I am back at work full time my co-workers just think that I am happy to see them. I am but that's not why I'm crying )lol)(

moyan
02-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Phil, thanks very much for the noserinseadvice. It seems to help both nose, eyes and ears. Could be my imagination, but even so it feels good :)

JanW
02-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Learning something new everyday -- I'd never heard of this particular symptom before. My rheumo advises regular checkups with an eye doc who specializes in AI diseases. I still have to get one -- I'm embarrassed to tell anyone how long it's been since I've had my eyes examined (put it this way -- I think I was under 30 and I'm 44 now).

Jack
02-10-2010, 08:23 AM
If you take steroids for a long period you should be aware of the danger of cataracts. After finding that I could not see quite as well as usual, I had to have implants in both of my eyes due to this.

Sangye
02-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Yvonne, I think you should get it checked. It could turn out to be unchangeable but not necessarily. Do you have sinus involvement? If so, the inflammation could be backing up into your tear ducts.

katwoman
02-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi Yvonne,
I too suffer from watery eyes, especially my left side (I have already had a DCR on both eyes a couple of years back and the tube keeps the tear duct open, as it was blocking and causing cellulitus). I have a fabulous Opthamologist, and he checked it (even took swabs) and continues to monitor it but there was no bacteria or anything he could find that causes it, I also suffer from sinus involvement so I imagine its all connected.
I too work and often sit at work with the tears rolling my my cheek, I laugh and tell them my eyes are very emotional today!! I have had people at checkouts in supermarkets asking me am I alright because the tears streaming down the cheek, actually its streaming down the cheek right now :-) I also find when I am extra tired its extra watery for some reason.

elephant
02-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I think it flare up when your tired. I noticed that when I rest or take a nap my sinuses are better. So rest is so important in WG disease.

Lightwarrior
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Rest is so important.....ooops thats why I'm tearing so much. It is so hard to pace yourself when it's not part of your pschye. I have so many lessons to learn, overall I'm grateful that I'm still around to learn them.

Yvonnea
02-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Thank a million all for your replies and advice.....you've all been very helpful.