PDA

View Full Version : Gilders Tests

Masha
01-25-2019, 01:44 PM
Hey Gilders,
Haven’t forgotten you are due for some big pre-surgery tests soon. Please tell us you are still on schedule and they haven’t delayed you again.
Masha

gilders
01-28-2019, 09:41 AM
Hi Masha,
It's really heart warming to know people are thinking about me and wishing me well !
It's 22.45 uk time at moment and it's tomorrow lunchtime when I meet the surgeon and hopefully will get a date for transplant.
My appointment last week with kidney dr didn't go too well. My kidney results were much worse and she said I needed dialysis before the operation. I was stubborn and said that I didn't mind how ill I felt, I still wanted to avoid dialysis before transplant. Fortunately me blood results were slightly improved after seeing the dr, so it's now 50/50 if I'll have to have dialysis.
I'll either update here or on my original transplant thread when I get home.

drz
01-28-2019, 04:11 PM
Best wishes for a successful procedure!

Hi Masha,
It's really heart warming to know people are thinking about me and wishing me well !
It's 22.45 uk time at moment and it's tomorrow lunchtime when I meet the surgeon and hopefully will get a date for transplant.
My appointment last week with kidney dr didn't go too well. My kidney results were much worse and she said I needed dialysis before the operation. I was stubborn and said that I didn't mind how ill I felt, I still wanted to avoid dialysis before transplant. Fortunately me blood results were slightly improved after seeing the dr, so it's now 50/50 if I'll have to have dialysis.
I'll either update here or on my original transplant thread when I get home.

gilders
01-29-2019, 03:43 AM
Finally got my kidney transplant date - Tuesday 5th March. They're fully booked up until April, but managed to squeeze me in at the beginning of March. (I'll update my transplant thread).