PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl party

jeriorleans
02-05-2010, 01:26 PM
All of you Weggies could come give A.J. and the Saints support at our Superbowl party this Sunday. Unbelievable, New Orleans has gone crazy. We have even closed the schools and most offices! Just needed to lighten things up a bit. Sometimes I get quite depressed reading everyones stories, but sometimes I get excited to see one of the members getting better! Happy Superbowl Sunday to your all.

elephant
02-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Love to be there. What are you cooking? I'll bring some hot wings! How I miss New Orleans. French bonet and coffee there yummy!

Sangye
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm laughing because I posted on Twitter just yesterday that I had no idea who was playing in the Superbowl or even when it was. I thought maybe it had already happened. It's great that it's in New Orleans. The city really needs a shot of joy. If a football game will do it, then go for it.

jeriorleans
02-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Sangye, your still in the dark... The saints are playing in the Superbowl, but its in Miami!!

Dumpy
02-07-2010, 03:25 AM
Sangye thats O.K. the Super Bowl is in Miami but the party is in New Orleans. They say that you can not get a hotel room in the CITY and when they win you guys will hear the rumble up North.

Sangye
02-07-2010, 07:11 AM
LOL-- I really have no idea what's going on in sports!

moyan
02-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I know football never touches a foot and is played with an oblong object!

jola57
02-07-2010, 04:16 PM
True, soccer is realy football. Sangye - I don't know much about football or baseball either. Now hockey - at least I know who is who - that should count for something,

moyan
02-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Hi, growing up in Europe I know what a wonderful sport hockey can be. Larger rink that makes player skate, severe penalties for bodychecking etc. What is called hockey here is merely wrestling on skates and the Vancouver canucks is by now a Swedish wrestlingteam. Moyan

Luce
02-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Ok, I know nothing about sports but as far as I know football is played with a round ball, does touch the foot and is played by men who get paid far too much for doing this well.
Rugby is played with an oblong ball and scoring is called a try, as in "I tried!", American football is also played with an oblong ball but at least calls scoring something sensible. "Touch Down" I can understand, even if the men are wearing tights.
Hockey is played on grass with a plastic ball, by girls in secondary school wearing pleated gym skirts and knee high socks.
Ice hockey is just another term for murder, isn't it?

These are the things I know about sport from living in England.

GARYfromBOSTON
02-09-2010, 09:04 AM
All of you Weggies could come give A.J. and the Saints support at our Superbowl party this Sunday. Unbelievable, New Orleans has gone crazy. We have even closed the schools and most offices! Just needed to lighten things up a bit. Sometimes I get quite depressed reading everyones stories, but sometimes I get excited to see one of the members getting better! Happy Superbowl Sunday to your all.

Jeri, congrats to your sAints! I'm coming down to buy you a tall Hurricane at Pat O'Brien's. Then we need to go find a muffuletta sandwich!

Dumpy
02-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Did any one feel the groud rumble last night. It was the begining of the party that is going to be going on for another 9 days in New Orleans.

jeriorleans
02-09-2010, 01:11 PM
yes, the party is still going on.... Tommorrow there is a parade, schools and offices once again closing early. Traffic around town today horrible because everyone went to the airport to meet the heros. Okay, I'm about over it.....

jola57
02-10-2010, 05:22 AM
He He, on our radio they were talking about the win and comparing it to the hockey great Wayne Gretsky. When he won the first cup the offices were closed, paredes were going on and dancing in the strees, next time offices open but parades and dancing, next time people gave themselves a thumbs up yeay great, next time, oh so we won again huh. So moral of the story enjoy the win for all its worth.

Sangye
02-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Luce, your comments really got me laughing. Especially the real name for ice hockey... :D

Luce
02-11-2010, 04:13 AM
Thanks, I guess I just don't get professional sport and just want to scream "It's only a game".

I'd like to see professional Scrabble or Connect 4 players earning the same wages as some of our footballers.

pberggren1
02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Yes, Scrabble is a very serious game. I once got a high score of 542 playing my Dad. I was able to use all of my letters 5 times in that game. I have used all my letters 3 times in about 5 or 6 games and have used all my letters twice too many times to count.

jola57
02-12-2010, 04:07 PM
ah I gather you are good at scrabble.