PDA

View Full Version : Ear problems

michael99
02-02-2010, 12:16 PM
can some of you discuss your problems with your ears/hearing?? i am on the cytoxan and pred and have recently had minor aches that appear to be "deep" in the ear. i am not sure this is wegs, med related, or recovering from a cold. my wegs has been in my kidneys and the blood and urine results show good results to date. the ear ache is minor and goes away quickly (just a few seconds). my hearing is fine (but the wife begs differently):)

elephant
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh the ears, I can tell you that mine are bothering me right now! Ears ringing! Fullness in the Ears! Hearing is on/off. I think it could be a bunch of possibilities ( Wegener's flare, damage that has been done to WG, vrial, infections). If you have a ENT get a hearing test soon. Usually Prednisone will decrease the inflammation in the sinus and ears. How much Prednisone are you on?

Jack
02-02-2010, 06:21 PM
I experience deafness and Tinnitus due to fluid build up in my inner ear, this seems to be due to inflamation of the eustation tubes and reduces on higher doses of pred. When I tried to reduce my pred below 10 mg the problem increased and I started to experience pain. By the time I got down to 7 mg over a three month period it was sometimes so bad that I could not sleep. Returning to 10 mg has eliminated the pain and I am now investigating hearing aids.

moyan
02-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Hi Jack. That explains my balanceproblems! I definitly have something in my right ear and don't dare to walk without walkersupport, not even in the house.