PDA

View Full Version : Rectal Prostate Exam Yields Finding

TOBEY32
06-15-2018, 03:31 AM
Doctor sent me for bloodwork. Don't know anything just yet. Doc said it might be something caused by Wegs, which maybe would make it a "false-positive" so to speak, which I'm guessing would be a "good thing", a better thing.
Hope everyone is well.

David

annekat
06-15-2018, 05:18 AM
Hoping for the best, David. Good to hear from you again, hopefully not for too bad a reason.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

TOBEY32
06-16-2018, 02:20 AM
Good to "see" you as well, Anne!

mishb
06-19-2018, 10:49 PM
Hey David

Apart from this possible set back, I hope your WG is now behaving itself.

My fingers will be crossed for you, and I hope that you get good results from the further testing

vdub
06-21-2018, 06:46 AM
How long do you think it will be before you find out anything? I hate the waiting.....

Jaha
06-21-2018, 08:09 AM
I am wishing the best of news with this. Please take care of yourself.

TOBEY32
07-02-2018, 07:22 AM
The PSA was "ok" in that it was 2.2. Waiting to see the doc again to go over testing. I'm not worried about this reading, but I know a rechecking of the prostate will be a part of things from here on out. As well, before long I need my 5-year colonoscopy because of my mom's dx. My wegs readings had not changed much. I'm grateful.

TOBEY32
08-26-2018, 08:06 AM
Doc has put me on Flomax (1, 500mg cap). It has a side effect I don't care for so much. You may know it if you're on it. Told by another doc he still feels it's the best choice for most out of what's out there. Haven't read the article yet, but heard both pumpkin and saw palmetto oils combined may reduce prostate size. It's a Google article. He wants to increase it to 2, 500mg caps, plus add a 2nd med: Finasteride because I am still getting up multiple times. I have only been on Flomax for a month. Doc says it can take a few months to kick in - something else I read said within a month I should see results. Gonna stay with his orig instructions and talk w/ him at our next appt. WHEW!