PDA

View Full Version : First dilation

Donnak06
01-19-2018, 11:18 PM
Hello everyone, I've just returned from ENT and they have scheduled me for a bronchoscopy and dilation, they are not sure until they have a proper look whether it will be balloon or laser. Bit nervous even though you are only in as a day patient as its my first one. Could anyone give me an idea of how often you have to have them repeated. The consultant said he cannot say as everyone is different.

Lilly
01-20-2018, 01:55 AM
Hi Donna, I had a webbing in my throat 3 years after my diagnosis in 1990, which they used a laser to remove it. But that is different than using it for dilation, so I am anxious to hear how it all goes for you. I am interested because I think a lot of my problems may be pointing to stenosis in my throat. Let me know when you are scheduled, and I will be thinking about you. I know how you feel.....I hate having a bronch, and then something you have never had before. But think of how great you will feel after!! Thinking about you, will be watching for your post bronch post!! :-)

Donnak06
01-20-2018, 03:50 AM
Hi Lilly I'l let you know once I have a date, they said it should be in a couple of weeks as soon as they can fit me in. At least I will be asleep while they do it and they said that I should be able to go home the same day if everything goes OK at the most I will have to stay in one night. I can't wait to be able to breathe normally again and have some energy would be nice.