PDA

View Full Version : A slight break in transmission

andrew
01-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi folks
We had an issue with the site today. Thank you to Elephant for alerting me as I was involved in other things and hadn't checked the site.

Happilly, we exceeded the monthly data transfer allowance that I gave to the site when it started. That's definitely a good thing. It means each and everyone of us is making a difference to others. Well done! I've increased the data allowance six-fold now so there's a challenge for you!

A

Sangye
01-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Whew! I couldn't get online the last hour but just got here. Guess we're yakking at record rates, huh?

andrew
01-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Whew! I couldn't get online the last hour but just got here. Guess we're yakking at record rates, huh?

And so you should be :-) Keep yakking, I have plenty of space!

JanW
01-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I got very nervous that I couldn't get in today -- especially since I am going for my appointment to get my medication regimen on Wednesday and chest CT on Thursday! Don't know what I would do without you guys!

andrew
01-26-2010, 12:38 PM
I got very nervous that I couldn't get in today -- especially since I am going for my appointment to get my medication regimen on Wednesday and chest CT on Thursday! Don't know what I would do without you guys!

That's the kind of situation I was thinking about. I'm currently setting up monitoring for this site so I get paged if something weird happens again. Elephant can't be at the computer all the time :)

elephant
01-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Phew, thanks Andrew for fixing it. I was going through withdrawal symptoms. So glad we have this site.

Sangye
01-26-2010, 01:20 PM
It's a good reminder that we should all take note of Andrew's email address. Several months ago I had a weird problem that kept my computer from loading the forum for many weeks. I couldn't even get on it to get Andrew's email addy! Luckily I found it by googling his name. It was a long, depressing time, being without the group!

pberggren1
01-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I am addicted to you guys.

Oh, and Andrew I hope your transmission wasn't to costly to fix. That can be an expensive repair on a car. HA HA!!!

Jack
01-26-2010, 06:16 PM
I didn't realise how much I rely on this site until I had a rising sense of panic when I could not get on to it. I was trying to remember names and wonding how I would find you all again if it turned permanent.

I think Sangye and a few others used up the bandwidth with all their nagging! ;)

elephant
01-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Us naggers need to be on the Bandwagon! :)

andrew
01-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I am addicted to you guys.

Oh, and Andrew I hope your transmission wasn't to costly to fix. That can be an expensive repair on a car. HA HA!!!

Ha! Yes you're right, that has happened to me more than once. This time though it was just a few mouse clicks once I figured out what the heck was going on!

andrew
01-26-2010, 10:54 PM
I didn't realise how much I rely on this site until I had a rising sense of panic when I could not get on to it. I was trying to remember names and wonding how I would find you all again if it turned permanent.

I think Sangye and a few others used up the bandwidth with all their nagging! ;)

You bring up an interesting possible (but not probable) dilemma. Will give this some thought.

Sangye
01-27-2010, 01:59 AM
LOL-- Someone should count up how many posts I've nagged people to get a Wegs doc. Or maybe not-- I think I'd be too embarrassed to know. :D

andrew
01-27-2010, 11:31 PM
LOL-- Someone should count up how many posts I've nagged people to get a Wegs doc. Or maybe not-- I think I'd be too embarrassed to know. :D

I just tallied them up:

Sangye
01-28-2010, 03:15 AM
ROTFL-- no comment. :D

pberggren1
01-28-2010, 11:52 AM
What dose ROTFL mean?

Sangye
01-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Rolling on the floor laughing :D

pberggren1
01-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Well that makes sense. Thanks Sangye.

Doug
01-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Jack, Jack, Jack! We proudly include you in the club of naggers! I will grant you one thing though: economy of expression!

jola57
02-07-2010, 05:40 PM
I was in Poland at the time and thought that it was just reception problems. I honestly couldn't live without you guys. Tear drops falling.