PDA

View Full Version : Well It's time to retire

blu4runner
10-25-2017, 01:37 AM
I have decided to go ahead and retire at age 56. My private disability claim was approved so now I have to sell my business. It's bittersweet since I have been an Allstate agent for 34 years but it's time to hang it up.
I hope to be able to do volunteer work in my community but my DR said no to volunteering in medical facilities due to my immune system.
I am thankful that approval for the long term disability through my private carrier took less than 30 days.
Onward into a new chapter in my life.

Victor

Pete
10-25-2017, 02:15 AM
I hope you have good enough health and plenty of time to do things that make you happy!

blu4runner
10-25-2017, 03:12 AM
Thanks my health is OK I will have a permanent trach and loss of lung function but I can still do little thing just the stress and pressure of running a business got to be too much. I have 2 grand children that live within 20 miles of me so I am going enjoy each and every moment with them and hopefully do a bit of traveling.

little jerry
10-25-2017, 08:39 AM
welcome to retirement. I found that I got 2x busier after ret. Enjoy your g-children. I live on the same property as my grandchildren and get to enjoy them every day. I go to baseball with a 7yr old, and to martial arts class with a 9yr old. remember to wash your hands and dont touch your face.
Now go out and enjoy every single day.

annekat
10-26-2017, 12:10 AM
Good for you, Victor..
That's a nice early retirement, so you'll have plenty of time to enjoy all that life has to offer. I wish you continued good health!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Jaha
10-26-2017, 12:33 PM
I know it was probably a very hard decision to make, but it is the best one to make. I had to shut my business down five years ago, at age 54. I have been able to stay out of the hospitals a lot more, because of not being in the public. I really think that not having the stress of being self employed, has saved my life. I am glad that you are going to have more time to enjoy life and take good care of yourself. I'm wishing you all the best with your retirement.

MikeG-2012
10-27-2017, 03:23 AM
I am not jealous of what ANY of us are going through, but I am jealous of the retirement!

Hope you find a good person for your agency Victor!!

mishb
10-28-2017, 11:56 PM
Congratulations on your decision Victor and I look forward to reading about new adventures/chapters in your retired life.

I'm with Mikeg, just a little bit jealous