PDA

View Full Version : Driving while taking Prednisone

Susan55
09-23-2017, 04:49 AM
I've been on Prednisone for 10 days now and I can't stop shaking, can't sit still, not sleeping properly and just don't feel good.
So my question is did any of you still drive while taking prednisone? :confused1:

Just now sure if I should be driving or not. I've tried calling my Rheumy and she's not calling back.

MikeG-2012
09-23-2017, 05:08 AM
My suggestion is use your own judgement. If you feel tired and stressed and shaky, it's probably not a good idea to drive.

My motorcycle has been parked the better part of two years because I was not 100% sure that I was safe on it.

It is better to be safe than sorry, right? Remember, a police officer could give you an OWI (operating while intoxicated) on ANY drug, including prednisone.

If you don't feel like you would be safe driving, don't.

Susan55
09-23-2017, 05:33 AM
I'd rather be safe then sorry if something was to happen. Thank you Mike :)

Pete
09-23-2017, 06:41 AM
I agree with Mike-G. As your dosage comes down, you should feel better.

Alysia
09-24-2017, 01:02 AM
Hi Sue,
How much pred are you on ? Do you take it all first thing in the morning (to be able to sleep at night) ?
Did the dr give you more meds or only pred ?
Hang in there and dont drive if you are not feeling well, regardless of the pred.

LisaT
09-25-2017, 07:32 AM
I've never felt that way from prednisone and usually drive while on it. But it sounds safer if you don't drive for the time being. I haven't felt well after my rituximab infusion and have avoided driving when I'm not up to it, unless I absolutely have to. Does your rheumatologist have an on-call number you can try? It would be nice if you could reach someone. Hopefully, you can ask a friend or family member for help if you need to get somewhere or need something picked up. I also have groceries delivered whenever I don't feel well or am rationing energy/spoons (have you read The Spoon Theory yet?) Often even on relatively good days, I know that shopping and carrying groceries will take too big a chunk of my limited energy and there are so many other things to do, so it is worth the delivery fee for me to have someone else do the shopping. :smile1: This might be a good time for you to think about ways to create shortcuts like grocery delivery, pharmacy delivery, and similar. Even prepared meals depending on your budget and energy level. Whatever works to get you through this time!