PDA

View Full Version : My Granulomaversary

renidrag
08-15-2017, 05:38 AM
Hard to believe but it has been eight years since my diagnosis in 09. I am thankful to be here and all the friends I have met on this journey. I don't say a lot here simply because I have been in remission since 2010. I do have special gifts WG left for me, like neuropathy, SOB, etcetera however my trip has been nothing compared to others. August 14, 2009, Dr. Ashburn finished my bronchoscopy and sought out my wife, sat with her and told her what was going on and gave her five prescriptions, to get them in to me that night. Prednisone, Cytoxin, Omaprezole and two others. She took me home and of course I went to bed, she woke me up when she had the meds. The next day started out like magic, no pain, still short of breath however so much better. I washed and waxed my truck for the first time in a long time. That afternoon I got called to Plymouth, my Mother was in the hospital. Mother passed before I got there but I was able to see her and say good bye and to be with my sisters. Calling my brother in Tennessee was not easy. I think it was a Thursday, August 19, 2009, we all huddled together at Mass General Hospital as my sister had her entire Aorta replaced from the Aortic Arch to her hip. Needless to say it was quite a week, one I never want to go through again. Hope this finds you well, better or in remission also. Thank you Andrew for all you do, these are good people here. :thumbup:

annekat
08-15-2017, 06:50 AM
Nice to hear your story, Dale. I'm glad you had such a quick path to remission, while realizing you are still living with some of the repercussions. Happy Granulomaversary!!! That's a great word!!!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

NicShaf
08-15-2017, 08:25 AM
Happy Granulomaversary!

elephant
08-15-2017, 10:51 AM
Thanks for sharing your story! Glad the medicines are working for you!

Jaha
08-15-2017, 01:15 PM
It sounds like you had a good doctor. You sure had way to much happening at that time in your life. Happy Granulomaversary dear friend! I'm so glad you are doing pretty well. Please take care of yourself!

annekat
08-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Jana was right, that was an awful lot of traumatic and tragic stuff happening at the same time as your dx. I overlooked mentioning it. What a rough few days that was, except for suddenly feeling well enough to wash and wax your truck! In my case, with the same meds, I did not feel that much better that fast, though the pred sure did make me enjoy eating again! And my disease escalation did not pick a good time for me either; at the time of my dx, I had just lost my dad, who had been in hospice for a week or two, and I had been too sick to go and see him before he passed. But back to you, your response to treatment was indeed impressive, and I hope there will be many more happy granulomaversaries to come!!!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

mishb
08-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Happy granulomaversary, ad Happy survivorversary Dale

Good to hear your story

Dirty Don
08-16-2017, 02:59 AM
Keep swinging...it's all that matters!

Alysia
08-18-2017, 12:20 AM
Happy weggieversary 🎂 I am a bit wg-older then you, mine is on Sep 2008. Few months before.

such a rough week, all at once, I am sorry for your loss.

That's so wonderful that you are in remission since 2010, giving hope to all of us 😊

MikeG-2012
08-18-2017, 02:01 AM
Congrats on getting into remission Dale. And, sorry for you to have an anniversary! (-8

Hope you continue to live long and prosper!