PDA

View Full Version : Swollen ankles

Cathywithwegs
07-21-2017, 06:25 AM
I have been having swollen ankles and lower legs, both feet. It is really hot and humid but I work in an air conditioned office and sit most of the time. I was diagnosed 4 years ago and down to 1 mg of prednisone and 1500 mg of Cellcept. I was in the hot weather for a few days but still have the swollen ankles. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vdub
07-21-2017, 07:14 PM
If its something that just recently occurred, then I wouldn't think its normal and would certainly bring it to the attention of your doctor. There's all sorts of things that could cause swollen ankles, such as, side-effects of drugs, too much salt, or kidney issues.

Debbie C
07-21-2017, 11:08 PM
Like vdub said it could be anything..my mother just had to change her bp pills because her legs and ankles are swollen. She also needs to where compression stockings. Definitely get checked out

mishb
07-21-2017, 11:14 PM
My husband was the same Deb.
They also found that he had a degenerative tear in the peroneal tendon, which meant 6 months in a moon boot.

I also agree with vdub and Deb. If it's something new then get it checked out, and also have your bloods done

Cathywithwegs
07-22-2017, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the advice. I have an appointment coming up in August.

ColleenS
07-22-2017, 02:05 PM
My ankles still swell slightly when it's really hot but they were really bad prior and during my initial dx and tx. I had kidney involvement. Once I started meds it slowly got better. I also asked for a water pill and it worked wonders.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk