PDA

View Full Version : Glucocorticoid avoidance...unmet needs in management of GPA

Bing505z
04-21-2017, 08:44 AM
Specks describes unmet needs in management of granulomatosis with polyangiitis, microscopic polyangiitis

April 6, 2017

CLEVELAND — Ulrich Specks, MD, professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, described unmet needs in the management of granulomatosis with polyangiitis and microscopic polyangiitis at the Primary Vasculitides Pre-symposium of the Biologic Therapies VII Summit.

“Glucocorticoid avoidance is the primary focus of clinical research in [granulomatosis with polyangiitis] GPA and [microscopic polyangiitis] MPA,” Specks said. “Lower-dosing regimens, almost no glucocorticoids, more effective remission maintenance in order to avoid re-exposure need for remission induction therapy [and] better targeted remission regimens are all the focus of research currently.”

http://www.healio.com/rheumatology/vasculitis-and-giant-cell-arteritis/news/online/%7B9ce3a0a0-c969-40df-a347-48fc6ff5dcbb%7D/specks-describes-unmet-needs-in-management-of-granulomatosis-with-polyangiitis-microscopic-polyangiitis

Bing505z
04-21-2017, 08:47 AM
Prednisone will get you before the GPA will ....

Bing505z
04-21-2017, 08:54 AM
Problems with Prenisone

Problems with Prednisone ? The Goldberg Clinic for Chronic Disease Reversal (http://www.goldbergclinic.com/blog/2015/4/18/problems-with-prednisone)

Bing505z
04-21-2017, 09:00 AM
My opinion...no praise for the Rheumatologist who gets the RX pad out and scribbles out Prednisone...Lazy doctor

JeanMarie
04-22-2017, 05:49 AM
My Opinion...be careful---Goldberg is not an MD

im so blessed
04-22-2017, 06:13 AM
"If they decide to get off the drug train and employ the ~will to get well~" Hmm...dont we all wish it were that simple!!! Im sure hes right about some things, like the side effects, but when we don't have an alternative???? Alot of people with alot of opinions. Anyone reading this is alive to do it, and has more than likely taken the wicked stuff...just saying.Sorry Andrew and Vdub if this is violating forum rules. I think we all get a jerk reaction when we read these articles. And no i am not at all trying to pick on the one who posted..can't remember who that was right now. Its good to do research when you have a disease as rare as ours!

Bing505z
04-22-2017, 11:53 PM
"If they decide to get off the drug train and employ the ~will to get well~" !

I did not like that "will to get well"....we all know this disease...

marta
04-23-2017, 03:57 AM
My opinion...no praise for the Rheumatologist who gets the RX pad out and scribbles out Prednisone...Lazy doctor

And then gives you a completely unrealistic pred wean schedule that can trigger adrenal crisis (if you're a good patient and follow their instructions to a tee, which I'm not, ;) )

marta
04-23-2017, 04:02 AM
I did not like that "will to get well"....we all know this disease...

I get the idea behind it, however I think most of us are not that spiritually evolved to create our health with only the will to do so. I think it is doable, but we need several more hundred years of evolution to get to a point where our will is powerful enough to dictate our physical well being. Until then.....work with what we've got, drugs, critical thinking, and yes, some faith.

Bing505z
04-23-2017, 07:03 AM
I get the idea behind it, however I think most of us are not that spiritually evolved to create our health with only the will to do so. I think it is doable, but we need several more hundred years of evolution to get to a point where our will is powerful enough to dictate our physical well being. Until then.....work with what we've got, drugs, critical thinking, and yes, some faith.

Yes I get the idea also...best for one to stay positive...and I know that it is a challenge to do so at times