PDA

View Full Version : 5 Long Years

MikeG-2012
04-13-2017, 02:56 AM
Yesterday was my 5th anniversary of being released from the hospital after 10 days there. Good news is that I had a diagnosis leaving the hospital. Bad news is that it was GPA/Wegeners.

I am thankful for many people and institutions:

My amazing spouse!!! She is my ROCK!!!
Kate Kinney, RCNP - She Diagnosed me
All my physicians and providers and their staff at the Monroe Clinic system
My employer who has stood by my absences and been amazing about it! Highland Community College--Go Cougars!
My family here on the GPA/WG board. You people are amazing!
The Vasculitis Foundation for spreading awareness and supporting new med students

Life has been an uphill journey since April 11, 2012. I am glad to be on this side of the ground and will keep fighting as long as humanly possible!

Have an amazing day everyone!!

annekat
04-13-2017, 05:01 AM
Congratulations, Mike, on your great progress and your great attitude in dealing with this sucky disease!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

mishb
04-13-2017, 10:46 PM
Yesterday, was 6 years for me, on being released from hospital, the first time, with a bag full of meds that started the new me, however I was only in there for 5 days.

Fighting upright, is the way to go Mike.
Keep up your amazing fight

Alysia
04-14-2017, 02:27 AM
Congratulations, Mike and Michelle. We are blessed to have you with us ❤❤

Debbie C
04-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Ditto what Alysia said. :hug3:

renidrag
04-14-2017, 09:57 PM
Ditto to what Debbie C. said.

lovetoswim
04-15-2017, 08:24 AM
Ditto what Alysia said. :hug3:

Ditto!:thumbsup:

Jaha
04-15-2017, 10:22 AM
Congratulations on the five year mark. We are very pleased that you are here with us. Take care!

Bing505z
04-21-2017, 09:04 AM
Yesterday was my 5th anniversary of being released from the hospital after 10 days there. Good news is that I had a diagnosis leaving the hospital. Bad news is that it was GPA/Wegeners.

I am thankful for many people and institutions:

My amazing spouse!!! She is my ROCK!!!
Kate Kinney, RCNP - She Diagnosed me
All my physicians and providers and their staff at the Monroe Clinic system
My employer who has stood by my absences and been amazing about it! Highland Community College--Go Cougars!
My family here on the GPA/WG board. You people are amazing!
The Vasculitis Foundation for spreading awareness and supporting new med students

Life has been an uphill journey since April 11, 2012. I am glad to be on this side of the ground and will keep fighting as long as humanly possible!

Have an amazing day everyone!!

Congrats!!!

vdub
04-23-2017, 01:54 PM
I guess I'm an April child along with Mish and Mike. 21Apr was my 7th year anniversary.

mishb
04-23-2017, 08:17 PM
My 7 year of officially being diagnosed is October, but April the year later was when I ended up in hospital for the first time.

Happy Survivorversary vdub. Many things going on over the years, for you, but still fighting :thumbup:

woz
04-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Well done Mike, You have done a great job to get to this point.

Live to dream, Dream to live.......
Regards Woz...

drz
04-24-2017, 05:06 AM
I guess I'm an April child along with Mish and Mike. 21Apr was my 7th year anniversary.

I was diagnosed April 9th or 10th officially in 2010 too. By this date in 2010 I was intubated (in drug induced coma) and remember it was a very tough month and year trying recover some function again. But seven years later things are much better.

vdub
04-24-2017, 06:06 AM
Quite a few of us.

I'm still wrestling with something. Even though Mayo didn't think I had Wegs or I had a localized version, they didn't rule it out either. I'm hoping the big drug changes they made will have some positive effect on how I feel. Its been about 3 wks now since many of the changes were implemented. 3 more weeks ought to tell the tale.