PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with WG in the Tulsa, OK area?

lteague
01-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with WG in Sept 09. Haven't seen any listing for WG support group or a Vasculitis support group in the Tulsa area. Was wondering if anyone on here would know.
Thanks, Laura

elephant
01-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I haven't even checked for a support group near me. I guess I just get it here on this forum. Someday when I feel the need I will look into it. Having good support is important, it keeps us going and we understand what we are all going through. Hope you find one soon Laura.

Sangye
01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Laura, welcome to the group! I also don't feel the need for a local support group because of this one. I like how people on here are accessible 24-7. But I understand that you might enjoy spending time with Weggies in person. I know I'd sure like to meet some! Have you checked the VF website? I think they have a section to look for local chapters.

pberggren1
01-19-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm dying to meet you Sangye. I'd love to be able to do a road trip and meet a few fellow Weggies.

Sangye
01-20-2010, 03:33 AM
I wish I could do a road trip, too! I'm working on creating a black hole here in Maryland that will suck all the Weggies into it.... So if you find your car inexplicably veering east, don't say you weren't warned. :D

elephant
01-20-2010, 04:06 AM
I had a dear Aunt that lived there years ago..she passed away. She live in Baltimore, Maryland. I even thought about going to school there. It is so green and beautiful, I also went to ocean city in Maryland. So I would veer east anyways.

Sangye
01-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Veer, veer! We could have a blast!

Macculloch
12-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Hello....my husband and I arent located there right now...but as soon as the navy medically discharges him we will be back there, have you found a good doctor out there??? My husband was diagnosed Jan 2009. I lived in phoenix and then moved to tulsa for a yr thinking he would be out of the navy but they were dragging it out, so we moved San Diego to be with him until he was done. But we are for sure moving back out there when he is out! :-)

lteague
12-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Hello, I have found several good doctors in Tulsa like my Pulmonologist (Dr. Ahmed), Neurologist (Dr. Dunaway) and Primary Care (Dr. M. Bennett). I'm on my second Rheumatologist . I just do not have the confident in the Rheummy like I do the other doctors. I am really thinking about seeing a Rheumatologlist in Oklahoma City the Vasculitis Foundation highly recommend. Can't recall that doctor's name at the moment. His name and number are somewhere on my messy desk. :) The Vasculitis Foundation is another good source for physicians. I was diagnosed in Sept 2009 when I ended up in the hospital with lung problems. I'd be glad to help in anyway possible.

Macculloch
12-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Good to know there are some good doctors out there! Oklahoma city isnt that far of a drive, my husband only sees his Rheummy every few months so as long as you dont have to see yours more then that, an hour and a half is well worth it! :-)