PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever try CBD ??

Debbie C
02-10-2017, 01:54 PM
I was reading about this (CBD ) its medical pot with no thc in it and is legal in every state. It is supposed to be good for ALOT of things. Well I ordered a bottle of it today.I got capsules but it comes in different forms. My pharmy even sells the oil but not the pills so I will let ya'll know. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried or heard of it before

annekat
02-10-2017, 07:28 PM
I was reading about this (CBD ) its medical pot with no thc in it and is legal in every state. It is supposed to be good for ALOT of things. Well I ordered a bottle of it today.I got capsules but it comes in different forms. My pharmy even sells the oil but not the pills so I will let ya'll know. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried or heard of it before
I had heard of it but haven't tried it. A friend uses it. I don't even know how to get it, need to do some research. Let us know how it works out.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

renidrag
02-11-2017, 02:22 AM
I will look into this also as I would like to try it. Pot is legal in Mass now so more doors are open to us. I would love to be able to walk without pain, I don't know if it works for that but would like to try it.
Dale

Jaha
02-11-2017, 05:03 AM
I have never tried the CBD, but I did smoke pot when I was younger. I of course had no pain back then. I asked my PCP about the medication that they have on the market for other disorders. My doc says that she thinks it would help a lot of or to be able to quit taking opioids for pain. She then informed me that she would not give me a rx, because it is just approved for certain dx's in our state now. It is funny because most of the dx's are mental disorders. I think I am going to try and get some to give it a go. Deb, thanks for the post, I hope you are doing better.

Debbie C
02-12-2017, 03:40 AM
Hi Anne,Dale and Jaha !! I found this stuff on the comp and a well known Dr. was on CNN talking about the benefits from it. If you just google CBD you can find out about it. The stuff isn't cheap ( especially since it doesn't have any thc in it !!!) A 1 month supply of pills is $ 60.00. I was able to get a month free trial ( $ 10.00 shipping ) so I will know after a month if it works if not I will cancel my other order. When I was at the pharmy yesterday I asked him about the oil and he said a lot of people use it but it was $ 66.00 for a small bottle that you use a dropper to put in under your tongue.

Dale, they also approved medical marijuana here also but they said it will be a couple of years before they figure out who grows it, sells it etc. So I don't think you can get a script for it.

I will definitely let ya'll know when I get it how it works.

Take care everyone and have a great Valentines Day..love you all !!!!!

vdub
02-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Its been legal in WA for over a year. My neighbor won the lottery for the local pot store in town. I have tried about 4 different types of CBD, but nothing seemed to give me any relief. So, I thought I'd try the real thing and get the CBD with the THC. All it did was make me tired and dizzy. I can't believe why anyone would want to be a pot head. But anyway, it didn't work either. BTW, my trial stuff was about $200 worth. The stuff isn't cheap. Most of that is taxes for the state, tho.

annekat
02-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Its been legal in WA for over a year. My neighbor won the lottery for the local pot store in town. I have tried about 4 different types of CBD, but nothing seemed to give me any relief. So, I thought I'd try the real thing and get the CBD with the THC. All it did was make me tired and dizzy. I can't believe why anyone would want to be a pot head. But anyway, it didn't work either. BTW, my trial stuff was about $200 worth. The stuff isn't cheap. Most of that is taxes for the state, tho.
In Colorado and Massachusetts, where it is also legal, people are allowed to grow a few plants for their own use. But not here in Washington, which I think is dumb. A friend of mine grows some of the CBD. I'm not clear on the legality of that, since it contains very minimal THC, if any. For crying out loud, it's just a plant, an herb. People are allowed to make their own beer, why not grow their own pot? As with beer, most people wouldn't go to the trouble and would still buy it, I imagine. And the state would get its cut.

Ranting aside, I hear you, vdub, about not wanting to be a pothead. I am an extreme "lightweight" in that regard. But recently, I've been dealing with pain after fracturing my pelvis. So I've smoked a little regular pot a few times, and I really mean a tiny amount by a pothead's standards, not even enough to worry about my lungs, which aren't currently in bad shape. It does get me high, not unpleasantly so at that small amount, and I feel it can help with the pain, but my take on it is that the high distracts me from fully experiencing the pain. I don't know if it would help with really severe pain. I was using other painkillers at the time, too. Since I haven't tried the CBD, I'll have to reserve judgement on that. I think I'd try to use it some other way than smoking it, to save my lungs, so I could use as much as I might need. Regular pot is self-limiting for me, because I have no desire to get very high. I smoked it with others when young, and enjoyed it to a limited extent, but found it boring to be around people who were that intent on being high on pot all the time. I hope to find out more about the CBD.

vdub
02-12-2017, 07:48 PM
I smoked it with others when young, and enjoyed it to a limited extent,
I was in my late teens and early 20's during the heavy drug, free love years in the 60's and 70's. Would you believe I never did any drugs, not even pot. I drank a lot of beer, but never pot. My first experience with pot was last summer when I did my test to see if it would help -- I was 65 and retired so didn't have much to lose anymore. The CBD's were in an e-cig for one type and chocolate candies on another type. The chocolates were really good. I also did an e-cig for the THC/CBD normal type pot. But I found no relief from pain, so I've chosen not to spend the money on it.

annekat
02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
There was a documentary on CNN, I think mentioned by Deb above, and discussed on the forum some time ago, where a young girl with epilepsy or some kind of seizures was helped greatly by a non-THC version of pot, I seem to remember the plant being ground up and juiced, or some such. There's a whole lot I don't know. Well, I don't think you missed a whole lot, vdub, by not sitting around smoking joints with the "consciousness expanding" crowd. I know people who still do it regularly and still manage to maintain successful careers, or maybe are retired happily. Others really didn't go anywhere in life, to speak of. I'm not one of those who can use it and get anything done. And I think there are better pain killers, if we need them.

Debbie C
02-13-2017, 01:34 AM
Anne does this stuff work for your friend ? Maybe you can get some from her and try it. A friend of mine made me up a batch of brownies with pot in it since I was losing so much weight. Between that and a few glasses of wine in the evening I had gained about 7 lbs back but I had to go get my anxiety script refilled and the dr makes me do a urine test every month and I got busted !!! So I stopped both and I am back down on my weight again.
You are right Anne about how ridiculous they are about the use of this.it has been proven there are so many benefits from it and I would much rather do this than be hooked on a bunch of pain killers. I intend on giving some to my mother to see if it helps her pain. But it is also supposed to help with depression,anxiety and a number of things.
Vdub..for not doing any drugs when you were younger, you are making up for it now just not in the same way. I am the opposite ...I did different things back in the day ( nothing heavy duty and never any shooting up drugs ) and now everything I take I have issues with.

Jaha
02-13-2017, 02:27 AM
I found an interesting article on the medication that is legal for certain conditions. I hope I can copy this link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

annekat
02-13-2017, 03:01 AM
Deb, I think the stuff my friend has is just the plant that she grows, which I wouldn't know what to do with. Since she calls it CBD, I guess that means it is basically a hemp plant. I think she says she smokes it, and that it helps with her various pains. I might be more interested in the oil or whatever form you got it in. I don't have that much pain, though, overall, just that from this pelvis fracture, which is slowly getting better. What I think is stupid in WA is that they will let us use it but not grow it...

annekat
02-13-2017, 07:20 AM
Just remembered, a friend gave me some cannabis-infused pain cream that she makes and I guess sells, if it's legal for her to, at the farmers market in her handmade soap business, and other body products. I've used it on sore muscles, joints, and tendons in my recently injured area and think it works a little but maybe not a lot. Some pain just has to be tolerated, I guess, unfortunately.

vdub
02-21-2017, 05:11 PM
You can get it at your local pot store, Anne... Just walk in and tell them what you're looking for. You can get about any % CBD/THC you want. CBD and THC are both in the plant. The growers can adjust the % by using or creating different hybrids. They can also adjust the % during processing. But, be prepared to spend about $50.

Debbie C
02-21-2017, 11:29 PM
Vdub,don't you have to have a script from a dr. to buy it ? I am surprised it didn't help you at all. How are you feeling by the way...have you been able to do any work on the car ?

vdub
02-22-2017, 08:42 AM
don't you have to have a script from a dr. to buy it ?
Not in WA. WA legalized pot a couple years ago. Now we have pot stores all over the state. Just walk into one and buy whatever strikes your fancy. They have glass counters full of different types, strengths, %THC, etc. We have two stores directly across the street from one another.

annekat
02-25-2017, 07:33 AM
Not in WA. WA legalized pot a couple years ago. Now we have pot stores all over the state. Just walk into one and buy whatever strikes your fancy. They have glass counters full of different types, strengths, %THC, etc. We have two stores directly across the street from one another.
But we still aren't allowed to grow or sell it unless we are licensed to. Unlike MA and CO, where one can grow a limited number of plants for personal use.

vdub
02-25-2017, 10:37 AM
I don't know what the new rules are, Anne. I see MJ plants popping above the fence line on a few houses around the valley. Its so obvious that I'd think the cops would do something, but maybe they've just given up. I'm sure they aren't growing the stuff to make rope for their sailing ship.... :-)

Debbie C
02-26-2017, 12:59 AM
Well I tried the cbd pills of 3 days. The first night I had a couple glasses of wine and after I took that pill I was asleep in about 15 min. I woke up about 3:00 and realized my teapot was still on and I didn't take my other pill. When I woke up I felt like I had a hangover all day and I was having bad stomach gramps. The next night I decided not to have any wine and the same thing happened. So I thought I will give it one more try and that was it. It put me to sleep so fast and I still felt like crap the next day, So I called a cancelled my other order, I wanted my mom to try it for her pain that's why I first got it but if it knocks me out like that I am not giving it to her with all the pain meds shes on. When I called to cancel the guy said there was calcium in the pill which isn't listed on the bottle, I'm thinking that's what messed my stomach up.I think if I am gonna try this again I will go to the pharmy and not online.

annekat
02-26-2017, 06:39 AM
I don't know what the new rules are, Anne. I see MJ plants popping above the fence line on a few houses around the valley. Its so obvious that I'd think the cops would do something, but maybe they've just given up. I'm sure they aren't growing the stuff to make rope for their sailing ship.... :-)
It may be that the cops are ignoring it... that happened a lot when I lived in Davis, CA during the 70's and 80's, it was definitely illegal but people grew huge plants in their yards and no one ever did anything, except crappy people would sneak in and steal plants on occasion. Those were different times, even President Carter was in favor of legalization. Davis is a pretty liberal town, but it wouldn't surprise me if cops there are now cracking down more, as times have changed and it is still completely illegal in CA, I think. It would be nice if the WA rules have changed, but I also suspect the Olympia cops would ignore plants, unless a huge illegal grow... don't know for sure, though. My place doesn't get enough sun for growing and I'm not interested in setting up lights, but I know people in prime locations for it.

Dirty Don
02-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Deb, pills are typically packed in 'something' such as calcium and sundry items not associated w/ the actual drug. Usually, the cheaper the item, the more weird the packing. One will get the effects of the CBD for sure, but any thing else in there will also bite ya! So, wherever you can get the real thing, in purer pill form or paste or edible or oil or herb...sheesh...is best as there are so many 'healthier' forms of ingestion. Best to ya!

me2
02-26-2017, 10:34 AM
In Washington state those with a medical card are allowed to grow six plants. I talked to my County Sheriff a few years ago and he told me they are not doing any cannabis enforcement unless it is part of a bust for something else.

annekat
02-26-2017, 03:28 PM
In Washington state those with a medical card are allowed to grow six plants. I talked to my County Sheriff a few years ago and he told me they are not doing any cannabis enforcement unless it is part of a bust for something else.
I guess I knew that with a medical card you could grow some... Nice to know cops aren't going out of their way to enforce rules on small grows.

Jaha
02-27-2017, 12:51 PM
I wish Ohio would get their stuff together on who, what and when. Somebody gave me a dropper full to try the other day, from another state and I kinda liked it. They told me how much they paid for that little vial and I thought that was outrageous. I think that would be a big problem, unless you could grow your own and then figure out how to bake things or make candies from it, for yourself. I could see how you would need less pain medication eventually. I'm glad there are some who maybe benefiting from it in states that have legalized it.

annekat
02-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Even though I don't have a medical card, I've found some benefit in helping with the pain from a recent pelvic fracture. I'm pretty well healed but just can't quite get rid of all the pain, probably because of things I've had to do that needed doing. Anyway, I've been smoking small amounts some evenings, and it takes the edge off the pain, for sure. A cannabis infused pain cream feels good going on, but is less effective. Yes, I should worry about my lungs, but I feel no negative effect, and I won't be doing this long or often enough, or in large enough amounts, for me to worry much.

LaurenGoodwin
03-07-2017, 03:14 PM
I live in San Diego, CA and I've tried it and LOVE IT its hard to explain but you don't get high but you feel good and relaxed? you can completely function on it. i recommend it! The guy that worked at the store actually was the one to talk me into trying it. he didn't have WG but he had rheumatoid arthritis, i believe it was called. but he was on the same anti inflammatory medication as i am for WG which is methotextrate and he was telling me his success story on how he was on all these medications then started to use CBD and he was off all his meds within a year. I am a strong believer in medical marijuana especially since I've been diagnosed with WG not that i smoke a lot but it defiently believe it helps to keep you calm during those stressful days. stress is a huge factor in inflammation so it helps.

Debbie C
03-08-2017, 12:39 AM
Hi Lauren. I think if what I got didn't have calcium in it, it probably won't have been too bad but I didn't like the way it knocked me out in minutes. I think for now I will stick with the brownies. I had an appt with my optomologist the other day and this man is a book of knowledge but anyway he gave me the number of a homeopathic dr. so I am going to call him today and see what he suggest.

LaurenGoodwin
03-08-2017, 03:32 AM
oh wow! there is a lot to know about medical marijuana ha I'm just learning myself. but I've never heard of calcium in it but then again i don't really know ha. the ones I've tried is in a vape pen and in chewies it does have a lil THC in it but not enough to make you feel high.

Dirty Don
03-09-2017, 05:44 AM
I believe there's a misconception about the 'highs' produced by cannabis. Those peeps looking for the CBD 'high' will always get some THC...the actual 'high' IS the relaxation & anti-inflammatory properties. If peeps are looking for or worried about getting too high or the like, then moderation is the answer. Edibles are perhaps the best answer for those who don't smoke or don't want 'extreme' highs, whatever those are. Vaping is best for more powerful ingestion, smoking is becoming passe as many don't/can't take the smoke...there is no need to smoke anymore. I'm well versed if anyone has questions. Best to y'all!

LaurenGoodwin
03-09-2017, 01:22 PM
i think in general this is all about preference. i personally don't like edibles some are too strong and some arent strong enough theres never a consistency it all depends on what candy you buy or edible you eat and also trying to measure out your tolerance for mg. a lot of edibles taste disgusting. if you don't like the smoke my opinion is to try the vape it doesn't smell like weed and it doesn't taste like weed. i don't think its best for powerful ingestion at all. its more of a convenience to take with you and its more discrete. so i think its a great option to try first in my opinion especially if you never smoked before. it doesn't hit you hard like edibles does and it doesn't hit the back of your throat like a flower does. (flower meaning marijuana) its a great start. everyone experiences highs differently and i agree moderation is the answer. but let me say that it takes multiple attempts of smoking to figure it all out i really don't know anyone who loved smoking there first couple times. it even took me at least 3 times to actually figure out if i liked it or not.

Debbie C
03-14-2017, 02:16 AM
I wasn't looking at taking cbd to get high. I wanted it for 1) to help with my anxiety and depression in a more natural way instead of taking traditional pills and 2) to see if it would help my mother with all her pain. But after I took the pills for 3 days I didn't want my mother to try it. I was just in the hosp. (which I will talk about my horrible experience under the CC thread ) but the neurologist that saw me was dead against medical pot and said it is nothing but a big hype. My story will be con't under the other thread

Velma
06-06-2017, 11:12 PM
Looks like great minds think alike because I have been looking into this for pain and inflammation myself. I know the pain I have is due to inflammation because when I increase the prednisone the pain goes down. CBD is know to help with inflammation and many other benefits. I am hoping that this will also help the scar tissue I have forming in the main airway of my lung.. it is a lonnnnng story but I have a stent in that lung and it gets cleaned up every month with a bronch in the Cleveland Clinic. I have ordered the oil for about 30 dollars plus tax and shipping and I am excited to try it after the bronch I am doing on Thursday. I am just wondering how it will react in my body with the methotrexate and rituxan. I will talk to my doctor and see what she thinks. Anyway.. I think studies need to be done in this area and I am hoping I can talk to someone about that as well.

Debbie C
06-07-2017, 03:39 AM
Hi Velma, let me know how it helps you. Good luck with your bronc. Which dr. do you see at CC ? I had an appt. for the 14th but just cancelled it. Everything is coming back fine so I will wait till Oct. to go up.

Velma
06-07-2017, 04:59 AM
I see Dr Carol Langford for the WG and Michael Machuzak for the bronch situation. Usually I just do labs for her and check in to see if she wants to change anything. I see Mike every 4-6 weeks or as long as I can go between bronchs. We are trying the new 3D stent and it seems to be working at the top but the bottom still clogs up with scar tissue. They are not positive it is wg related but the stupid thing clogs up all the time. I am so hopeful that maybe the oil will help with it too. I will keep you all posted

LisaT
09-05-2017, 07:01 AM
CBD oil helps me a lot with anxiety, pain and depression. The cbd cream helps with my morning aches and pains amd helps me get moving. When i run out of cbd oil and don't tke it for a short time, i notice a big increase in pain. I know this is an old thread. I'm just adding my two cents in case anyone is looking at it for current reference. ☺️

Debbie C
09-06-2017, 12:52 AM
Hi Velma, I also see Dr. Langford, I have an appt. to see her Oct. 11th at 2:00 if anyone is going to be around up there. I have not tried the oil, I took the pills and they contained something in them ( I think calcium ) which made me ill so I quit taking them. Has the oil helped you ?
Lisa T....does the oil really help a lot with pain...that's what I am needing for my mother ??? I may try the oil for my issues but its so expensive if it doesn't work

LisaT
09-06-2017, 03:45 AM
Debby, it definitely helps me. I've heard mixed reports from others. I don't know how much of my pain is muscle stiffness vs. Disease/inflammation. Perhaps the effect of cbd in lowering my anxiety and calming me down also helps with muscle pain. I think the only way to know for sure is to buy a small bottle or a handful of capsules and try it. Talk to the dispensary about dose and frequency so you know how much and how frequently to increase the dose to find the effective dosage. The topical cream is also really helpful.

elephant
09-07-2017, 11:18 AM
I see dr Langford too!

Debbie C
09-15-2017, 06:54 AM
Lisa, I live in Ohio, they have just made it legal here but nothing is in place to get it. I can buy the oil at my pharmacy but there are no dispensaries. No one wants the responsibilities so it may be a couple of years before they get there s*** together here.

I think we all need to meet up in Cleveland when we have appts!!!

little jerry
09-29-2017, 07:29 AM
I have tried pot for my pain and I think that it works well. It works for me about 75% of the time. Pain breaks through and I am using codeine again. I have went from every 5hrs. to 12hrs. I plan to quit cod. by end of year. after 6yr. The pot works to help me eat and sleep again, and gain lbs.

annekat
09-29-2017, 09:24 AM
Smoking pot, the getting high kind, did take the edge off my pain after my pelvic fracture, for sure. But the pain did break through, and then it was nice to have a couple of opiates around. Nothing completely killed the pain. I haven't tried CBD oil but would like to now that I've been dxed with low-back degenerative scoliosis. I have tried the cannabis infused creme that a friend makes and it helped some but not really any better than aspercream, icy hot, or other commercial products. Maybe it just wasn't strong enough. So I guess I might have to go back to pot for strong pain, and it's legal in my state, but I don't want to be stoned all the time!

Jaha
09-29-2017, 11:46 AM
I think that Ohio is going to make it very hard for anyone to even have a choice to smoke pot or not smoke pot. They have gone back and forth with how it is all going to work here. I do agree that pot has it's benefits over opiates. I have done both and I really hate the pain pills. Someone brought me some CBD oil to try and I couldn't really tell whether it did anything for my pain. I do know that when I have smoked pot, I can do a whole lot more, without pain. It seems to give me more energy and focus. I really think that it all depends on the individual and the strain of the pot.
Anne, I am glad that you got some benefits from it and maybe, your friend can advise you on some edibles. I have had some brownies that were very powerful and good for pain, sometimes you have that watch the intake.
I wish anybody that tries it, all the best. It is like anything else, use in moderation.

Debbie C
09-29-2017, 12:19 PM
With my lungs I can't smoke it anymore ( wish I could..it did help like Jaha said ) I agree with you Jaha it is going to be very hard to get it legally, guess we will have to move.
Jerry be careful with the codeine

annekat
09-29-2017, 01:06 PM
I have ingested it before for fun but lately, the few times I've done it, if I ingest only a small amount, I have gotten mild vertigo, while if I ingest a larger amount, I don't get vertigo but may get higher than I want to. Smoking it has never given me vertigo. Weird. I'd like to try ingesting the CBD oil, which won't get me high or impact my lungs.

LisaT
10-01-2017, 03:15 AM
Maybe you could use a vaporizer? It turns it to steam with no combustion. Much easier on the lungs. I have a small vape 'pen' for this purpose. I usually smoke straight cbd flower but you can also smoke pot with thc this way. If you're a former smoker like me, it's not quite as satisfying because there's no smoke. But I believe it's much safer for your lungs. You'd need to run it by your docs to be sure. The dispensary employees can be very knowledgeable as well.

alexciasmom
10-24-2019, 02:25 AM
Hi guys. My docs have me using several types of cbd and cannabis items. My docs have been using my info for other patients. I am Extremely well versed in the medical uses and recreational uses of all items made from the plant. Plus my doctor had me take classes do the research and pass courses. Now I am now considered a dosing specialist for CBD and cannabis products for medical and recreational usage. What exactly do you need to know Hun? I tried reading the thread but got lost..

annekat
10-24-2019, 06:57 AM
Hi alexciasmom. I too got lost trying to find the original poster and what they asked. I was just relaying my experience at the time. This has changed since then. For a year and a half, I've been using a vape pen with two cartridges of CBD/THC, which were gifted to me. Yes, I made it last that long! My pain is not as great as yours or some others in the group. I have NOT been inhaling it into my lungs, because it makes me cough violently. I just keep it in my mouth, puff out my cheeks, and let it into my nasal cavity, which is large due to Wegs erosion of sinuses. I let it linger there and I get the high and the pain relief. I don't have to worry about damage to my lungs, especially with all the talk these days about the dangers of vaping. I'm not too worried and know a lot of people do it with no problem. Now I'm about out of oil and haven't tried to get more, not feeling I really need it like I did when I had shingles. So don't know what to expect at a dispensary, if it is limited, much more expensive, or what. So not really asking a question, just ruminating. You are to be commended for taking classes, having a wealth of knowledge, etc. More power to you, and I admire your doc for encouraging this.

alexciasmom
10-24-2019, 07:16 AM
Just a fyi. For pain, and many other reasons Edibles are the way to go. Especially for those with lung problems. 🧡🎃💛

alexciasmom
10-24-2019, 07:21 AM
In regards to the vaping causing lung illnesses. The people who did the research to find the root cause have found it's in the additives used to make the concentrate less viscous so it may be vaped, a certain type of cartridge from China that when heated too high makes arsenic, and people making the concentrate at home who process it incorrectly. Local despencary items will not make you sick.

annekat
10-24-2019, 07:56 AM
Dede, thanks for the info. I have a couple edibles lying around. Gummies. In past, got mild vertigo when I took a half dose, but just high with a full dose. It was straight THC, no CBD that I know of. They were gifted. Can try them again. But I absolutely cannot use THC anytime but at night. Cannot function with it during the day. I'm a lightweight. Tried ingesting CBD oil, didn't do much, probably didn't use enough. Too expensive. Vaping it seems to do more, but haven't tried it with straight CBD, which I realize has a very small amount of THC. Don't really need anything right now but will consider the alternatives. Thanks again for your wisdom.
Anne