PDA

View Full Version : Chiropractic

Pete
02-02-2017, 04:46 AM
When I had my nerve conductivity study and electromyogram last fall, the report indicated that there was impingement of my nerves at the L5 vertebra. I asked both my rheumy and pcp if chiropractic might help. Both docs said it might help and probably wouldn't hurt. I met with my chiropractor about a month ago. I showed him the test report. He said he thought he could help. He took a set of x-rays that show stenosis in the intervertebral foramen in that region. In my case, arthritis had grown some spurs on the vertebrae causing the impingement on my nerves. The impingement was causing the tingling in my feet and leg pain upon overexertion.

As of today, the tingling in my feet is present only in the tips of my toes. This is a dramatic improvement from before the tests when the tingling was halfway up my shins.

In further discussion with my chiropractor, he said arthritis is a cause of tingling and discomfort. He also said that he's seen arthritis in young kids. His self x-rays started showing arthritis when he was in his mid-20s.

I just thought I'd share this as a potential remedy for peripheral neuropathy.

Alysia
02-02-2017, 05:12 AM
Thanks for sharing, Pete. That's amazing. I am so glad for your improvement.
My beautiful Dr. Phil allways said that his chiro put him back on his feet. He went for treatment at least once a month. In his case it was for back pains because of too much coughing.