PDA

View Full Version : New Members

pberggren1
01-17-2010, 10:58 AM
I remember when I first joined the Forum there were just over 300 registered members. Now there are 454 members. Quite an increase. I counted to see how many members had 20 or more posts and it was 44. I also notice that at any given time there are many more guests on the Forum that members. I hope this site proves to be valuable to many people out there seeking information. It has certainly proved to be very beneficial for me. It is one of the highlights of my day to be able to veiw the threads on the Forum and add my 2 cents worth. We certainly owe Andrew a debt of thanks for starting this Forum and keeping it going. I hope you are doing OK Andrew. There are many members on here that I haven't heard from in a while. I wonder how Katie and her Grandma are doing and SumSum and ones like that. I noticed too that member info like where we are from, etc. is mostly not listed. I encourage all current and new members to put this information in.

Terri
01-17-2010, 12:25 PM
I totally agree with you pbergren.
When I was first diagnosed, I didn't know where to go. First stop was the Vasculitis Foundation and then I found this site. What a blessing it has been.
I for one enjoy hearing your 2 cents worth and hope to hear many more. Hope you are doing well today.

Sangye
01-17-2010, 01:19 PM
I love our group, too. I'm so grateful to Andrew for starting and maintaining this forum. I can't imagine being all alone again. I honestly don't know how I did it for 2.5 yrs!!

I'm also really happy to see so many newer members becoming regular contributors. I enjoy every one of you and get all giggly just seeing a full list of new posts.

Jack
01-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Yes, a big Thank You to Andrew for the site and all his efforts. I would also like to urge all members to add their location to their profile.

pberggren1
01-18-2010, 08:04 AM
I second that Jack. I'm sort of a geography buff so it helps me to place names with locations for remembering people. I also like numbers too like age, date of birth, date of diagnoses, etc.

elephant
01-18-2010, 08:20 AM
I enjoy everyone on this forum too. Hopefully Andrew will be joining us soon. Hope your doing ok Andrew!

coffeelover
01-21-2010, 02:22 PM
I too, am grateful for this group. thank you, thank you, thank you all! Coming to this site was what kept me sane in my first months of diagnosis. I know that I do not get on as often as I used to, but I think about you all every day and consider you all like family. I realy miss keeping up like I used to, but then I couldn't do anything but sit around and try to recover....now I am back at work full time and when not at work, I try to rest. Anything to not get a flare!
coffeelover (oh, yeah and I go have coffee too)