PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of this?

Audreya
01-10-2017, 11:45 AM
My husband received Cytoxan and pulse steroids while in the hospital. He has been home a couple of weeks on 80 milligrams of prednisone. Next week he starts an infusion of Cytoxan, methotrexate, and 5FU. Nowhere have I read any information on this combination of chemo except for breast cancer.

He is doing dialysis 3 times per week. Although he was only Dx a few weeks ago we had hoped he would be feeling better by now. This is hard.

drz
01-10-2017, 04:45 PM
My husband received Cytoxan and pulse steroids while in the hospital. He has been home a couple of weeks on 80 milligrams of prednisone. Next week he starts an infusion of Cytoxan, methotrexate, and 5FU. Nowhere have I read any information on this combination of chemo except for breast cancer.

He is doing dialysis 3 times per week. Although he was only Dx a few weeks ago we had hoped he would be feeling better by now. This is hard.

I have not heard of anyone taking5-FU for Wegs but remember RTX was originally used for treating cancer and is now universally accepted as a preferred treatment for Wegs (GPA)

Pete
01-10-2017, 05:08 PM
More info on 5-fu here: chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/fluorouracil.aspx (http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/fluorouracil.aspx)

Audreya
01-11-2017, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the reply Pete. I got the information about the infusion off of the appointment reminder via his electronic health chart. I'm inclined to think it may not be accurate as I haven't heard of this before. I knew they had intended to use Cytoxan. He's going to dialysis this morning so I'll discuss it with the nephrologist. It seems strange to me that the neph is coordinating the treatment but we don't have an appointment with the rhumetologist until after this second dose.