PDA

View Full Version : Vale Leonard Cohen

mishb
11-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Leonard Cohen, without even realizing it, was a big part of this forum in the early days.

it's very sad to hear of the passing of a great man, singer, songwriter and poet.

Thoughts and memories of Jack and his wisdom, come flooding back.

Rest in peace Leonard (look after him Jack)

vdub
11-11-2016, 05:16 PM
I agree! We should retire the Jack/Leonard avatar.....

Alysia
11-11-2016, 05:31 PM
I also thought about Jack when I saw the news this morning.. I was not here yet when he passed but his spirit was very alive and his posts are great. I bet he and dr. Phil are having the time of their life up there...

RIP Leonard
That's the song https://youtu.be/YrLk4vdY28Q

I miss the good old days when the forum felt alive & playful... it feels so lonely here without my beautiful dr. Phil. Sorry.

mishb
11-11-2016, 06:56 PM
RIP Leonard
That's the song https://youtu.be/YrLk4vdY28Q

The best song ever, and many great versions of it now

annekat
11-12-2016, 02:34 AM
A shock and a great loss, hard to lose him. We will always have his songs and poems.

annekat
11-12-2016, 02:37 AM
I agree! We should retire the Jack/Leonard avatar..... What should we replace it with? do we have a picture of Jack or something else meaningful to him?

vdub
11-12-2016, 04:39 AM
Oh, we shouldn't replace it at all.... But, simply, as a group, agree that no one can use it in the future or even something close to it. Maybe a wall of avatars of people who made a dramatic difference to the forum and have now passed. Jack and Phil come to mind.

annekat
11-15-2016, 07:57 PM
Oh, we shouldn't replace it at all.... But, simply, as a group, agree that no one can use it in the future or even something close to it. Maybe a wall of avatars of people who made a dramatic difference to the forum and have now passed. Jack and Phil come to mind.
Oh, I see what you mean... Someone is using it on FB in honor of Leonard Cohen, but that will be temporary, and I'm sure it would not apply here. Good idea.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Geoff
11-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Yep that was me on FB in memory of leonard but I have changed it now, it did make me think of Jack and that's not a bad thing is it??