PDA

View Full Version : Geoff is Traveling the World

vdub
09-19-2016, 03:53 PM
I just got to spend 2 wonderful days with Geoff. He arrived in the US from England a few days ago and stopped in to see weggies in LA, then on up to Idaho to see me. We had a fantastic time!

Most importantly was simply the time we spent together, but we also had a great time sampling wine at our family winery, doing a road trip in the MG, putting some lead in the Idaho mountains where I found out that Geoff is an excellent marksman, and seeing some of the local wildlife. Sadly, no moose or bear appeared, but we did see wild turkeys, a coyote, and, of course, lots and lots of deer.

Now its my time to back to the UK. The next trip, might be a long one as we are considering several months or even a year depengind on health and availability of drugs. But, certainly, we will be going back for a 6 or 8 week trip. We love the UK.

mishb
09-19-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm loving the pictures, the MG looks awesome, and you vdub, look absolutely amazing, for all that you have recently been through.
I don't know what's in the water (or beer) where you live, but keep on drinking it :thumbsup:

vdub
09-20-2016, 01:04 AM
Thank you very much! Definitely a little too much weight, though. Now that I'm able to get around a bit and not feeling so poorly, I'm hoping to lose some and get down to something more reasonable. I'm told that Geoff has many, many more pictures on his facebook page, so you might want to go take a look.

Pete
09-20-2016, 01:34 AM
It was great to see you guys enjoying life so fully.

Gab122
09-20-2016, 02:31 AM
Awesome!!! Thx so much for sharing!! [emoji4]

Debbie C
09-20-2016, 02:47 AM
I have been following Geoff's adventures on FB and love the pics he's been sharing. You have some beautiful property there. And it is good to see you are doing so well.

annekat
09-21-2016, 04:34 AM
Great pics, an awesome time for you both, and great to talk to you on the phone! My visit with Geoff yesterday was great fun and now he is on his way to Canada. I'll try to post some of those Facebook pics here on the forum, when I get around to it.

Alysia
09-22-2016, 03:23 AM
Great pictures. Great adventures. Also the other pictures on facebook. Very cool. Both of you, vdub & Geoff. And of course, you both, dont look sick :)

Titus3:2
09-22-2016, 09:36 AM
Wow,the MG looks brand new,and the AK what's not to like.I am from the Gunshine State,and we do love our guns.

gilders
09-22-2016, 05:47 PM
Glad to see Geoff having so much fun (I'm so jealous).
I'm still very grateful for the visit he paid me whilst I was in hospital last year. The hospital is a long way away from home, so I didn't get many visitors.
In fact, I'm just about to set off back to hospital for my next dose of RTX tomorrow. Would much rather be with Geoff on his North American trip than another trip to hospital.

Jaha
09-23-2016, 04:19 AM
Those pictures and the many others Geoff posted on facebook have been so enjoyable. It is so great to see everyone he has visited looking so good. It makes my heart happy to know that after what you all have been thru, you have bounced back to enjoy life, despite this unpredictable disease.

Debbie C
09-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Going off topic for a second...but just want to wish gilders luck on his rtx infusion. Hope all goes well and safe travels ( even if is to the hosp )
I'm jealous of Geoff also and I live in the states !!! And vdub with that winery,WOW, !!! I wish I was going with vdub., would love to see the UK. and meet all the weggies there also.

Jaha
09-23-2016, 12:37 PM
Gilders wishing you all the best with your infusion, take care of yourself.

gilders
09-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the well wishes. Don't want to detract from Geoff's thread, so I've replied to my original "Rituximab" thread about today's latest infusion.

Geoff
10-17-2016, 09:44 AM
Just a quick update on my travels, now I am back home in the U.K Can I say here and now a huge thankyou to everyone who "followed" me on FB and provided the energy and love that carried me around for the 3 weeks. It was immense, and disturbing in equal measures as I hardly slept and yet had the energy to run up Everest!
I have emailed Dr Jayne at Addenbrookes for an explanation and I see him this friday for hopefully an answer!! Watch this space!!

Debbie C
10-17-2016, 03:05 PM
I think just all the excitement kept you going and knowing all eyes were upon you !!!! Sometimes you get so tired that you can't sleep.......hopefully that is the explanation,but I'll will wait to hear what your Dr. says. Good luck with your visit and rest up now.

Alysia
10-17-2016, 10:39 PM
Thanks, Geoff, for sharing your wonderful trip with us, with your great generosity. We love you ♡♡

Gab122
10-18-2016, 08:49 AM
Hi Geoff! I was just wondering this afternoon if you worry at all about catching viruses traveling by air? My husband doesn't want us to travel anywhere since I'm immune suppressed. Of course I can pick up a cold just as easily going to the grocery store probably. I hope you continue to fully live life and enjoy yourself! [emoji106][emoji106] maybe someday I'll travel and visit all my new weggie friends. [emoji4]

Geoff
10-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Hi Gab,

I always wear a good quality mask when flying (No not the Mickey Mouse one!!) wash my hands constantly with a good antibacterial product and dont rub my eyes or put fingers in mouth!!
One of my daily drugs is Co-Trimoxacole which gives me some protection.

Pete
10-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Hi Gab,

My wife and I spent 24 days in Europe earlier this year. I took no special precautions other than frequent hand washing or using sanitizer. We did our best to stay rested and eat right.

I take bactrim 3x weekly as prophylaxis for the kind of pneumonia immuno-suppressed people are susceptible to. I also made sure I was in good physical condition before the trip.

mishb
10-18-2016, 11:40 PM
I use a scarf instead of a mask, it doesn't get as many stares, and doesn't stand out when the days are getting cooler

Debbie C
10-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Geoff, what did the Dr say ? Hope all is well

Gab122
10-19-2016, 10:05 PM
Mishb, Excellent idea! 👍👍👍

Geoff
10-20-2016, 02:45 AM
Hi Debs,

I see Dr Jayne this Frisay morning then Freaky (Sam) in the evening!! Yeah.