PDA

View Full Version : Rituxan and muscle fatigue?

jeother
09-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Hi everyone! I am 3 infusions in of my 4 weekly infusion cycle. So far I haven't had too many issues with the medication. I have some general fatigue a couple days out from the infusion that lasts a day or so. I've also had increased heartrate off and on but I think that's more the prednisone I take daily. I haven't noticed any significant difference in any of my symptoms. The last few days though, I've noticed that my arms have been getting tired during light, repetitive activity such as folding laundry or blow drying and straightening my hair. I called the doc and will be going to see him before my next infusion. Just wondering if anyone else has had any muscle fatigue. Not really pain. Thanks!

Gab122
09-06-2016, 01:10 PM
yes, i'd say my arms are more easily tired too.... by folding clothes, carrying things etc.. I was thinking maybe some strength training would help.

Pete
09-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone! I am 3 infusions in of my 4 weekly infusion cycle. So far I haven't had too many issues with the medication. I have some general fatigue a couple days out from the infusion that lasts a day or so. I've also had increased heartrate off and on but I think that's more the prednisone I take daily. I haven't noticed any significant difference in any of my symptoms. The last few days though, I've noticed that my arms have been getting tired during light, repetitive activity such as folding laundry or blow drying and straightening my hair. I called the doc and will be going to see him before my next infusion. Just wondering if anyone else has had any muscle fatigue. Not really pain. Thanks!

Rituximab takes several (4-6) weeks to take full effect. Your symptoms should gradually decrease over time.

I'm tired for 24-48 hours after infusion, but it's not debilitating.

To build strength and improve cardio, I swim, walk, and do light resistance training. It helps.