PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms

michael99
01-04-2010, 10:32 PM
before being DX, i had trouble sleeping at night for several months (and now after 3.5 months of treatment, i am finally sleeping through the night mostly) and severe dry skin. did any of you have these symptoms? are they symptoms of WEGS?
after you achieve some level of remission, are these possible markers for a flare?

pberggren1
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Oh boy, that's a tough one for me. I have trouble sleeping at the best of times. Usually once I get to sleep though I have a good sleep. Part of it could be that I have worked shift work on weekends for the last year or so.

As far as the dry skin goes it usually doesn't bother me until winter and sometimes even then it is not bad at all. There was a time during late September to early December that it was very dry and itchy on my scalp, face, and neck. I started using Dove soap again and Denorex medicated shampoo with coal tar - this seems to helping - the dryness is gone but it is still a little bit itchy only when I am laying down in bed trying to get ot sleep.

Hope this helps you a little Mike. Not sure if these symptoms are disease related or med related or something else entirely.

Where abouts are you from again?

elephant
01-05-2010, 12:36 AM
I have dry skin in the winter, In the summer I am so sweaty! I think when the prednisone is up it makes you sweat more. Dry itchy skin can be related to many things like weather, meds and disease ( kidney).