PDA

View Full Version : Itchy skin and Imuran

deanna
08-29-2016, 06:27 AM
Hi,
I am on Imuran 75mg and for the past several months have noticed itchy skin, my right eye is itchy also. Like I am allergic to something. I take Claritin,or Allegra but it offers no relief. I looked up Imuran and it can cause itchy skin due to the sun. I live in the midwest, where the sun is out a lot. Even if I don't go out during the day my skin is bad. I don't have a rash.
Has this happened to anyone else. I am hoping that it will get better this winter. Also my eye lashes are thin and have come out on my right eye. I am using some medication to help that. Could this be the WG or the medication?
D

drz
08-29-2016, 07:48 AM
I have had itch eyes that required some eye drops and also had inflammation areas on lids and near the eyes which responded to some steroid creams and drops. No idea what caused it but mine went away mostly in a couple weeks with treatment. Dry eyes often cause itching too and some of these issues might be related to meds like pred or others or the Wegs itself.

Skin issues develop in most people with Wegs according to some studies. I have had many and see a dermatologist for regular check ups since pre-cancerous lesions are ones that should be monitored.