PDA

View Full Version : Partners bio bank

Gab122
08-25-2016, 01:22 AM
Hi all,
I've been asked as an MGH patient to participate in partners biobank. They would use my tests, specimens, progress notes, treatment info - really everything - to do research. The risk is possible leak of my personal info which doesn't really bother me - what I'm more concerned about is the DNA and Gene stuff they do - growing tissue lines, mixing DNA with animals etc. I don't want a mouse/gab hybrid creature running around the streets of Boston. [emoji12] seriously tho, does anyone have info?

Thx
Gab

Alysia
08-25-2016, 02:28 AM
I will never be willing to participate in anything like you describe with the animals, DNA etc. Sounds demonic to me. Many around here do participate in researches but I think it is not the same at all.
Science AND medicine must have some ethics which seems to be fading in the last years. Too much evil in my opinion. At least we can avoid giving contribution to it.
Just makes me angry that they are researching the wrong directions and are busy with their ego while too many patients are dying as a result of malpractice.......

drz
08-25-2016, 03:01 AM
Hi all,
I've been asked as an MGH patient to participate in partners biobank. They would use my tests, specimens, progress notes, treatment info - really everything - to do research. The risk is possible leak of my personal info which doesn't really bother me - what I'm more concerned about is the DNA and Gene stuff they do - growing tissue lines, mixing DNA with animals etc. I don't want a mouse/gab hybrid creature running around the streets of Boston. [emoji12] seriously tho, does anyone have info?
Thx
Gab

You can get more inf about the research. I think much of it is like the the research being done on one of my genealogy DNA sites where they ask everyone who participates if they have certain issues and then they look for correlations with various genes or markers and posit certain relationships that people with a certain gene marker are more apt to have what issue they identified. Unless you are regularly donating blood or something it would just be a correlation study about your DNA and symptoms. Maybe it might help you or others find out how to treat or diagnose some condition. I know I agree to be in some study on treating Wegs at Mayo so they get part of my labs every time I go there for use in their study which is being done by several facilities in USA and Canada.

As for mixing cells here is a link to one I know about that saved many people from death. It is RTX modified with a mouse antibody added with a radioactive isotope. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibritumomab_tiuxetan