PDA

View Full Version : Just an update

blu4runner
08-11-2016, 06:04 AM
As many of you saw i am in the middle of a flare. Completed 2 of my 4 infusions next infusion this Friday but dang it hate the prednisone. back on 60mg per day until we start the taper process.

Prior to the flare I was on a weight loss program and have lost 72 pounds since April of this year but now the goal is not to gain any until the steroid regimen is completed.

here are a few pics of before and yesterday.
2467 2469 Trying to get as healthy as I can with what I can control.

im so blessed
08-11-2016, 06:28 AM
Good for you, Victor! Im sorry the prednisone has to be used when you were doing so well with weight loss. Its just a little bump in the road...dont let it steer you off path !

Pete
08-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Hope you can keep the weight gain to a minimum.

drz
08-11-2016, 03:16 PM
Good luck in your taper. If you gain less than last time consider it a success but don't obsess over any weight gain and stress yourself out.

mishb
08-11-2016, 10:56 PM
It's something that we all hate but unfortunately, it is what is best in this situation.

Best of wishes to you Victor. I know you are going to win this fight.

Gab122
08-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Great Accomplishment on your prior weight loss! I was on WW from March -May this year and lost 20 lbs. After I got sick I just maintained. Like you I am on Pred 60 now and am not sure what to expect since I'm new to this disease (just diagnosed on 8/1/16) I have not gained any weight since I started Pred 11 days ago - but I will just do my best I guess and refocus once I am off of this med. Hoping to feel well enough to exercise and at least resume that activity. Wishing you the best!!

MikeG-2012
08-16-2016, 03:05 AM
Way to go Victor. I'm jealous! I really need to take off a lot more too. Keep up the good work, you're a good inspiration to me and a lot of others!!

blu4runner
08-16-2016, 06:27 AM
I had to or Dr Merkel told me my weight would kill me before the GPA did. I am doing Nutrisystem and it works pretty good.

MikeG-2012
08-16-2016, 11:37 PM
I had to or Dr Merkel told me my weight would kill me before the GPA did. I am doing Nutrisystem and it works pretty good.

Look out Marie Osmond, there's a new TV spokesperson coming after your job!

In all seriousness Victor, NICE GOING!! Hope it keeps going good for you!

blu4runner
08-17-2016, 12:21 AM
Well with GPA we don't have much control over what happens to our body. I need to work on the self discipline on the things I CAN CONTROL to make my life better. Just trying to enjoy each and every day to the max.

Jaha
08-17-2016, 11:49 AM
Victor, Good for you losing a great deal of weight, which is so hard to do taking preds. and not feeling well for so long.This disease tends to give some of us more than we can handle at times. I wish you all the best with your self discipline journey and continued weight loss. I am also, trying to work on the same thing, self discipline. Please take care of yourself.

jlove
08-25-2016, 07:06 AM
Victor, you must be so proud of your accomplishment! If not, you should be! Also wanted to comment on your avatar, I recognize a familiar face there in Dr. Merkel. Is that a painting of him? Or you? I would love to know more!

pfries
08-25-2016, 08:44 AM
Great job with the weight loss, I believe you can get through it with little to no weight gain.
Stay positive and my thoughts are with you Victor.

Gab122
08-25-2016, 02:36 PM
Victor, I just saw your YouTube vasculitis video that you made with your wife! Great job! 👍👍 you and your wife are a cute couple. 💕

blu4runner
08-26-2016, 01:50 AM
Thanks all. Had the last of my 4 rituximab infusions yesterday and started the prednisone taper. Down to 40mg daily today and should be completely off prednisone by Jan. Plan is to continue with an infusion every 4 months to maintain remission.