PDA

View Full Version : Going back to work

Hege
08-01-2016, 07:20 PM
So on Friday I'll be going back to work. It'll only be once a week for a couple of weeks. I'm really excited about going back, but also a bit anxious as I work in a daycare facility, which I like to call The Bacteria Factory. I work with the "babies" (1-2 years). Does anybody have any experience with working with children while on immunosuppressants? My GP wasn't to fond of me going back to my line of working, but my rheumy supports me all the way. At least I have to try, right?

JeanMarie
08-02-2016, 02:13 AM
Good Luck, I hope everything goes well!!!:rolleyes1:

Pete
08-02-2016, 03:29 AM
Keep up with the good hand hygiene. Have fun. Just remember that even though your immunosuppressed, you still have a functioning immune system.

drz
08-02-2016, 11:21 AM
How is your WBC? It might be lower than average but might still be high enough to give you some resistance. The main thing you can do is to wash your hands a lot and use hand sanitizer gel whenever you can. You might need to wear a germ mask if there are lot sick children coughing around you.

Middlesista
08-03-2016, 07:10 AM
Yes, great advice here. Hand hygiene, keep your hands away from your face, wear gloves as needed and wear mask if children coughing or sneezing. Some of us have to work in our chosen profession if we want to keep our insurance and pay our bills.

MikeG-2012
08-03-2016, 07:21 AM
So on Friday I'll be going back to work. It'll only be once a week for a couple of weeks. I'm really excited about going back, but also a bit anxious as I work in a daycare facility, which I like to call The Bacteria Factory. I work with the "babies" (1-2 years). Does anybody have any experience with working with children while on immunosuppressants? My GP wasn't to fond of me going back to my line of working, but my rheumy supports me all the way. At least I have to try, right?

Gloves perhaps...

Jaha
08-03-2016, 02:27 PM
I am wishing you all the best for going back to work. I really believe in wearing a mask and hand sanitation in public, especially around children. Take care of yourself!