PDA

View Full Version : Help... what happened to the forum ??

Alysia
08-01-2016, 12:34 AM
The forum looks totally different and very hard to navigate... cant we have the old form back again ? Please ? Andrew ?

No likes... no emoticons... no putin...
No one around... I cant even see who is on line right now... what the hell ??
Why did my signature disapeared ?

I also pressed few unknow buttons trying to figure them out then it wrote that I reported a post ??

I cant find my msgs, I kept some precious ones from Phil and from Barbara... please tell me that its only a nightmare....

This place had became so sad since my sweetie passed, empty and cold... sorry, but at least it was familiar... now not even this...

Where is the crying emoticon ?

Alysia
08-01-2016, 02:58 AM
And Phil's posts are without his avatar... why ? It just makes me cry....

gilders
08-01-2016, 04:25 AM
Alysia, hopefully it's looking normal now.
This morning it was different on my tablet, but it's been normal all day on my laptop!
I also didn't like the format. I usually click on the New Posts tab, but it wasn't there.

Alysia
08-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Thanks gilders. No. It is not normall at all. Still this nightmare.... also cant attach pics, cant see views, cant see previous pages of a thread... this is the third time I am writing this post. No idea why it doesnt work...
Cant we just get back the old forum, andrew ? I will be a good girl. Promise.

Pete
08-01-2016, 02:03 PM
The new format seems to be showing up on iPads and iPhones. The old format continues to show on my PC.

BookNut
08-01-2016, 02:34 PM
Still the usual format on my ipad and laptop.

andrew
08-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Wow Alysia. Time to sit down and take a pill.

You're viewing the mobile version of this website. This was a change I made on the weekend to stop Google penalising the site for not being mobile friendly.

Nothing has changed except the default format of the site when you access it via a mobile device like a tablet or a mobile phone.

If you prefer the old format then simply scroll to the bottom and click 'full site' and all of a sudden within a few seconds you're back to the original version.

Have a nice day.

To all: My thinking was that this would only affect accessing the site via mobile, not via tablet but that's apparently not so. Just follow the instructions above to return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Alysia
08-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Sorry for being so noisy... once I get my old good forum I promise to behave... just you all take it as a compliment, this place is precious to my heart and so are all of you ♡♡ and it also contains my Batman's 6076 posts. I still didnt read them all....
Thanks Pete & Jacquie & andrew ♡♡
If I press the vBSEO it leads me to NOT FOUND.. error... 404. Something like that. Am I pressing the right button ?

gilders
08-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Alysia, the 'full site' option does not show on any of my mobile devices, but you should be able to bring up more options on your device - this is usually accessed by clicking 'more' or 3 dashes or 3 dots, usually located in the upper right of your browser.
You should see a list of options such as 'Find on page', 'settings', 'bookmarks', etc. The one you need to click is 'Request desktop site' or 'Desktop view'.

Hope that helps:smile1:
Don't panic nothing is lost or deleted:hug2:

Alysia
08-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Alysia, the 'full site' option does not show on any of my mobile devices, but you should be able to bring up more options on your device - this is usually accessed by clicking 'more' or 3 dashes or 3 dots, usually located in the upper right of your browser.
You should see a list of options such as 'Find on page', 'settings', 'bookmarks', etc. The one you need to click is 'Request desktop site' or 'Desktop view'.

Wow, gilders, you are a genius. I just found it ! Although it was in Hebrew. Thanks a lot.
Now I will behave as promised :)

andrew
08-02-2016, 07:40 AM

Good work!

Titus3:2
09-13-2016, 02:42 AM
Alysia,it is a good thing you started this thread.Even with gilders explicit instructions on how to use the older WG website over the new mobile one it took me this long to figure it out on my kindle.Maybe I am not as smart as I thought.No that can't be it.It is that evil Google.

annekat
09-16-2016, 02:45 AM
I usually use tapatalk on my phone because it seems more user friendly. But my favorite is still accessing the forum on my laptop. I should try gilders' suggestion on my phone, though.....