PDA

View Full Version : Medical Travel For Vasculitis

Chadwyck
07-23-2016, 10:49 AM
I haven't been on this site for a while. I've been very busy taking care of Wegener's so it doesn't take care of me. :wink1:

I have been off work since February 2015 to now on disability and now I'm in a clinical trial for Abatacept (Orencia) for those of you are not aware of this as a prednisone replacement. I'm required to travel from my city London, Ontario, Canada to Toronto, Ontario via Grey Hound. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this on this forum because I never had to travel for treatment. This is a GoFundMe account for help travelling. Can anybody please help?

https://www.gofund.me/2fqxqxw (https://www.gofundme.com/2fqxqxw)

Alysia
07-23-2016, 11:43 PM
Hi. If I remember correctly, my beautiful Phil told me that the health services paid for his medical travels: gas, hotels etc. He lived in Saskatchewan.

Chadwyck
07-24-2016, 05:30 AM
I asked about being compensated from day one. They said they only help patients pay for parking. Because I'm taking a bus, that doesn't count.

Just recently I heard about Phil. Sorry to hear. He was the first person I got information from on how to deal with Wegener's, what doctors to go to, etc. I was so shocked when I came back and read the posts I had to leave the forum for a while. I actually came in to ask him a question only to find out I never can again. :ohmy:

Alysia
07-24-2016, 09:36 PM
I asked about being compensated from day one. They said they only help patients pay for parking. Because I'm taking a bus, that doesn't count.

Just recently I heard about Phil. Sorry to hear. He was the first person I got information from on how to deal with Wegener's, what doctors to go to, etc. I was so shocked when I came back and read the posts I had to leave the forum for a while. I actually came in to ask him a question only to find out I never can again. :ohmy:

Thank you for remembering my beautiful Phil.
I remember for sure that Phil got back payments for the hotels, parking etc. Maybe it is a matter of province ?? Or of disability ?
Do you want to tell us what did you want to ask Phil ? Maybe I will remember something that he told me or maybe other friend will have some answer.... if and when you will feel like asking... anyway Good Luck in your trip.