PDA

View Full Version : Best Bed??

NikkiNicole
05-22-2016, 09:48 AM
Question!!!!!!
Do you have a specific bed that you use? Do you think there is one style that is better for us Weggies? I have been struggling with sleep and with my joints being angry in the mornings and the neuropathy in my feet ramping into epic proportions when I get up.
I have a Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme which is the regular Tempur Foam material with a soft pillowy top. I think the pillowy part is too soft. I sink into it too far. I tried sleeping in our guest room on a firmer memory foam and last night my feet and hands were going numb. But, I've used this bed several times before and sleep good on it.
My husband wants to talk to the doctor before we buy a new bed because he thinks she'll suggest something else. I have noticed that my joints are the most aggravated by all of this. The extra prednisone weight doesn't help at all.
So, I just wanted to poll the group to see if I should be looking in a certain direction.
I love our guest bed most of the time. But last night was a total fail. I don't want to be numb!
My husband also hates our bed and he's healthy as a horse. But, before we shop ... he thinks there is a certain bed I should be using. I disagree but whatever. I think it's opinion based above all.

Hope everyone is doing alright. I am still struggling. Bloody noses, joint pain, neuropathy and a general feeling of walking against a current. Now, my eyeball feels like it is trying to climb out of my head. It feels swollen but it doesn't visibly look puffy. I can just feel that swollen feeling, and it hurts often, and is very red. I see the regular eye doctor Monday, and he does a lot of ophthalmologic stuff too. After him, I will see the ophthalmologist and I see my rheumatologist on Wednesday to discuss treatment ideas.
Hopefully there is an end in sight to this madness.

gilders
05-22-2016, 10:11 AM
The best way is to try beds out. In store is embarrassing and impractical, but there is a way around it.
Is there a particular hotel chain that you seem to get a better night's sleep? If so, ask which company makes their mattresses.

MikeG-2012
05-24-2016, 08:58 AM
We have had tempurpedic matresses for over 10 years and my wife and I are still very happy.

My parents like their sleep number bed; they did not like our tempurpedic.

annekat
05-24-2016, 01:34 PM
I wish I could buy a new bed. Not an option. But I don't have quite the issues with neuropathy and such that some have. But my back has been bugging me lately. Maybe the numbness last night wasn't related to the bed, or was a one-time fluke. So maybe that's more what you need than the soft pillowy top. Talking to a doc and/or doing some more research doesn't sound like a bad idea. I hope someone here can suggest something.

drz
05-25-2016, 05:14 AM
You can try out beds when shopping but two minutes on them is not the same as sleeping all night. You can however look into some mattress toppings that might add extra cushion on top or increasing firmness by adding a board under the mattress or even raising the head board with some bracing to see if any of those help. It might help you decide what changes you need and help you shop for right product. A sleep study would also be another more cumbersome procedure to gain such info. I did best by raising the head of my bed and adding extra pillows.