PDA

View Full Version : Fever

mordeco
04-21-2016, 10:30 AM
Hello to all. I was doing pretty good the last couple of months. Past 4 days have a fever of 101.5.
PCP put me on augmentin. Didn't help. CRP went up to 25. Waiting for my reumy to get back to me. Does anyone know if fever and a cough is symptoms of a flare? All input is appreciated.

Middlesista
04-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Sorry Mordeco - still pretty new to flare symptoms - others with more experience will probably be able to help you. I can tell you I had a fever and cough and ended up with the flu. What is concerning is your CRP but know that it can go up with other illness that can cause inflammation per my RA

Hopefully your RA gets back to you soon - if not just call again.

mordeco
04-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Sorry Mordeco - still pretty new to flare symptoms - others with more experience will probably be able to help you. I can tell you I had a fever and cough and ended up with the flu. What is concerning is your CRP but know that it can go up with other illness that can cause inflammation per my RA

Hopefully your RA gets back to you soon - if not just call again.

Now it went up to 102.5. Getting a little nervous......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Alysia
04-21-2016, 02:48 PM
Hello to all. I was doing pretty good the last couple of months. Past 4 days have a fever of 101.5.
PCP put me on augmentin. Didn't help. CRP went up to 25. Waiting for my reumy to get back to me. Does anyone know if fever and a cough is symptoms of a flare? All input is appreciated.

My wg dr. Says to always check for fever. Of course it can also be a flu or infection. But also a flare. I think if its a flare you might have more symptoms like joints pains, nose bleeding, red eyes etc.

zizzcat
04-21-2016, 03:46 PM
My wg dr. Says to always check for fever. Of course it can also be a flu or infection. But also a flare. I think if its a flare you might have more symptoms like joints pains, nose bleeding, red eyes etc.

A a little over a month ago I had a fever of 101-103, aching, some chills and bronchitis. I have problems with my lungs and tend to get bronchial infections because the immune suppressants lower my resistance. I very rarely get fevers. Went to the ER and expected to get the usual breathing treatments and steroid shot and prescriptions for steroids and antibiotics but they thought I was in pretty bad shape so kept me to give me IV antibiotics and steroid shots. A CT scan showed more extensive problems.

its a long story but I had to get copies of the scan on my own to find out why my lungs hurt so badly after being released and there was evidence of a ground glass condition in my lungs. I still need to address this with my rheumatologists whom I see on Monday.

my suggestion is that you don't hesitate to do what you believe is best for you.

annekat
04-22-2016, 05:26 AM
Yes, those are symptoms of a flare, but as others have said, it could also be an infection and not WG. With your fever continuing to rise, I would see a doc ASAP. When I've had a flare, I've had some fever, but not quite that high, and have had night sweats and increased mucus and coughing. Not so much joint pains for me, but others do.

mordeco
04-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Thank you all for responding. Reumy looked at blood work results and said even though the CRP was over 200 the other numbers look ok and it's probably not a flare. Also within 3 months of a round of rituxan. As for the fever he told me that a weggie can get the flu just like everyone else can! Taking 2 advil every 6 hours to keep the fever down.

MikeG-2012
04-27-2016, 04:58 AM
Thank you all for responding. Reumy looked at blood work results and said even though the CRP was over 200 the other numbers look ok and it's probably not a flare.

When my CRP was that high, I was hospitalized! YIKES!

annekat
04-27-2016, 06:20 AM
When my CRP was that high, I was hospitalized! YIKES! I am wondering if that was a typo, because earlier on in the thread, mordeco reported a CRP of 25 along with the fever of 101.5. Maybe he or she meant to say it was over 20, not 200. But I don't know anything about CRP because I only get tested for SED rate.

mordeco
04-27-2016, 08:05 AM
Looked over the records of the tests. The doc was saying the number of 200 over and over. That was actually the number when I was first diagnosed. Now it was actually 25. So they are both right! :)

annekat
04-27-2016, 08:21 AM
Looked over the records of the tests. The doc was saying the number of 200 over and over. That was actually the number when I was first diagnosed. Now it was actually 25. So they are both right! :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk Oh, so you have shown great improvement in your inflammation level. That is good! I hope it stays that way, and that your fever has come down by now.

mordeco
04-27-2016, 09:29 AM
Oh, so you have shown great improvement in your inflammation level. That is good! I hope it stays that way, and that your fever has come down by now.

Yes. Thank you. Happened to be it was down to 2 before this fever hit. And all the docs couldn't figure out the cause for 102 fever for 6 days. But now it's gone and feeling much better.