PDA

View Full Version : Joints, Hot/Clammy, Headache

NikkiNicole
02-17-2016, 11:58 AM
Has anyone ever been acutely aware of their spine, felt like their jaw was off kilter, felt every joint in their body, been raging hot and clammy with no fever and have a headache that is getting worse and worse by the minute?

Because I do.

I've been biting my lip and hoping it's nothing. It started in my left pinky knuckle, one day it hurt. Then, it spread. Today I cannot move anything without pain. I cannot sit up straight or there is a muscle cramp between my shoulder blades, I feel the tiny joints in my fingers and toes, my jaw feels like it's sticking out on the left.
And now, my headache is growing and growing and I can not feel my back teeth ...

I've emailed my rheumatologist and I am headed home from work to lie down.

But, since Kaiser is so willing to always pass it off as something else, I thought I'd bounce it off my Weggie friends. At least, last month when I had bronchitis my GP was the one who stopped the antibiotics order, saying that the other docs don't realize they can't just throw antibiotics at me! Love her.

Anyway ... I am in misery, and popped 800mg of ibuprofen at lunch with ZERO relief. Not a happy girl here.

andrew
02-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Eewwww that doesn't seem too pleasant at all. Have you had any changes/increases/decreases in your meds recently? Eaten anything different or maybe not quite fresh? Anyone near you been sick that you know of? Ok enough with the questions :)

NikkiNicole
02-17-2016, 12:11 PM
No changes in meds for months. I think I went up to 3 Cellcept 2x a day in September. We've all had colds, etc including me but ... as much as the cough was hanging on, I thought things were better in that department. I cannot wait to get home so I can just lie down.
This hot/clammy feeling, and then cold, shivery feeling and not having a fever makes me crazy. I feel feverish, I feel like I have the flu but ... then nothing shows.

vdub
02-17-2016, 12:14 PM
This doesn't sound good at all.... Have you had a flu shot? Not that a having a flu shot would rule out the possibility of having the flu, but it would lessen the chances. But my experience with the flu is that it hits the entire body all at once and not just one knuckle and spreading.

How much pred and mtx are you on? It all sounds very flare-like to me, but my flares are atypical because of where wegs attacked my body, but I have had the clammy night sweats and headache. In fact, I still have the headaches and they are one of the reasons I'm on so many pain meds.

Keep us posted!

Edit: Our posts crossed in transit.... So ignore some of the comments/questions.

annekat
02-17-2016, 12:15 PM
It sounds a little flarish to me, though everyone's flarish moments are a little different. If it goes away fast, I'd chalk it up to eating something bad, otherwise, I'd get it checked out ASAP, and if your rheumy is not responsive, see your GP.

NikkiNicole
02-17-2016, 12:24 PM
I've been feeling awful since Saturday afternoon. I tried to wait it out, hoping it was a bug or something but today is much much worse. As I wrote that, the headache is rapidly progressing, the pressure in my face is intense. My eyes are going to burst from their head.
I'm on no prednisone, just my 6 pills of CellCept a day. I'm in the process of trying to clean up my diet again (seems I'm always doing that) but right now ... I don't even want to eat anything!
I haven't heard back from my rheumy but I usually don't before the end of the day, she's always busy with patients.

vdub
02-17-2016, 12:30 PM
Sure sounds like the flu, but given you have wegs, you need to touch base with the docs. But, you know that....

annekat
02-17-2016, 12:32 PM
Sounds like the flu or a flare or both! I hope your docs get right on this.

NikkiNicole
02-17-2016, 12:35 PM
The thing that makes me hesitate that it's the flu is ... no fever.

vdub
02-17-2016, 12:53 PM
no fever
Yes, good point....

mishb
02-17-2016, 10:43 PM
This is many hours after you posted Nikki.
I so hope that you are feeling better and that your eyes have stayed in one place, preferably in their sockets :smile1:

I hope your rheumy got in contact with you, or that you went to the ER because it really sounds like a flare to me.
My little finger, then hands, then arms felt like they were slammed in a car door.

Please let us know how you are getting on, when you can

Alysia
02-17-2016, 11:01 PM
:blushing: Sorry men .. Nikki, is it possible that its one rough PML ???

NikkiNicole
02-18-2016, 01:25 AM
I slept OK last night, couldn't get comfortable because of all the pain and didn't have a very long period of time to sleep where I could have chanced it with a sleep aid. Today my jaw is still weird, and I feel completely exhausted but, only my pinky seems to be mad at the moment. I am crossing my fingers for relief but last night before bed my knee randomly started aching bad and then my left ankle. All while I was lying in bed.
The body does weird things.

Dirty Don
02-18-2016, 04:34 AM
Roaming aches & pains sound like a flare to me. Hope you're feeling better Nik. Best to you.

Debbie C
02-18-2016, 07:29 AM
Did your rheumy ever get back with you ? Maybe you need to start back on pred ???? Does sound like you are having a flare. Could you have possibly gotten bit by a spider or something ???????? Hope you are better soon.Keep us posted

drz
02-18-2016, 03:45 PM
The thing that makes me hesitate that it's the flu is ... no fever.

I didn't have any fever last time I had respiratory flu. I thought it was bronchitis or pneumonia but they tested me with aswap u the nose and told me 10 minutes later I had the flu and started me on some Tamiflu meds that helped.

mishb
02-18-2016, 10:46 PM
With you knee and then your ankle going, even though you are not using them, just laying there, this is certainly a flare.
I hope it moves on quickly and I hope you are doing okay.
Has the rheumy contacted you yet?