PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Newbee

the best nana
07-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Hello:

I am a newbee to the site. I was diagnosed in March of 2007. I am still battling the disease. I am on the imuran and steroid. I find myself so depressed all most all of the time. My hips are giving me alot of problems because of the steroids. So much pain from the joints.

I sound like a real complainer, but I am truly sick of being sick....

andrew
07-22-2008, 06:29 PM
(I moved your original post to a new thread so it would stand out a bit more)

Welcome!!

You've come to the right place to have a good whine :D. Feel free to let it all hang out :) I can relate to your frustration. It's so hard to deal with three steps forward and two steps back (sometimes two steps forward and three steps back!).

Some questions:
What does your Doc say about the joint pain? Is there anything you can take to relieve the symptoms?

Where did the WG affect you?

Have you mentioned to the Doc that you're feeling depressed? Anti-depressants can make a real difference. If you're feeling brighter in yourself then everything feels a lot more positive.

I'm sorry you're feeling so low. You've done the right thing joining up here. There are lots of cool people here that have joined up (including you!). We're all here to help each other so please visit often.

the best nana
07-23-2008, 12:44 AM
Hi Andrew:

Thanks for the encouragement. I was diagnosed in 2007. I went into complete kindney failure. I thought that I had the flu, that was it. We went to emerg. because we were worried I was getting dehydrated. Then everything started happening from that point on. I had to have 10 blood tranfusions, my blood was so low. I was on dialysis from March to July 11, and I am pre dialysis now. My kidneys function at 20 percent and if this goes any lower I will be back on dialysis. So to put it bluntly the WG went rapidly through my body.

Prior to this flu like symptoms I had been to many doc.'s for sinus problems, and swelling of the feet. No one thought of WG.

The joint pain I have is caused from the predisone. It stops the blood flow to the femurs and causing this problem.

My spelling is not the best so bear with me.

People are always telling me to just get past this and put it behind me, but it is hard to do when you are sick every day. I have nauesea from the imuran every day.

I am so glad I found this group on the internet, because I have no one that understands the disease.

Thanks for letting me vent.

RCOSSIO
07-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Hang in there and maybe you should consult other doctors to give you another analysis of your pain. I know the Vascullitis Foundation has consultants you may be able to speak to regarding your particular issue. The meds do work...but differently for everybody.

This site does really help, because each individual has unique cases that make it similar but different for everyone.

Stay informed, join the Vascullitis Foundation and always track your trends.

Stay positive and remember to always "Live in the NOW!"

the best nana
07-23-2008, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the info. I will check this out. Once again thank you for the encouragement.