PDA

View Full Version : Change of Meds

acker
01-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Hi all you lovely Weggie's out there,

Just for info, my consultant has started me on a new treatment called Rituximab. I've had the first IV 2 weeks ago and second one this week, after that it should last around 6, 12, and 18 months.

Which is loads better than the 22 tabs that I take per day at the moment. Just have to hope the side effects are'nt too bad.

Keep smiling out there

Acker :hug3:

Pete
01-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Hi Acker,

If you haven't had any side effects from rituximab yet, you probably won't. Hope it works well for you.

I've had two rounds of rituximab (Oct '13 and Aug '15). I was a little tired the day following each infusion.

annekat
01-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Hey, Acker, great to see you on here again. I still have not had RTX, but a lot of people on here have and most seem to get very good results. It sounds like it is going well! As an aside: did that movie Tulip Fever that you starred in ever come out?

debra
01-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Acker, hello, and good luck... Debra...

Debbie C
01-27-2016, 03:19 AM
Acker,Hi..long time no hear from you,been wondering how you have been. Hope the rtx works well for you and you can get rid of some of those pills. I have only had 1 infusion and the people who did it never did that kind of drug before so it made me sick for about a week but everyone else seems to have had no problem. Good luck with you and don't be a stranger !