PDA

View Full Version : IV Contrast Solution

exarmyguy
12-13-2015, 04:50 PM
Has anyone felt ripped out of their mind like everyone was going in fast motion around them... You answer questions 20 seconds after they were asked?...... After of course being injected with an IV Contrast Solution?... Or feeling like you've had the flu(stuffy & runny nose) for a week after the injection?

JeanMarie
12-14-2015, 04:34 AM
No, but doesn't that sound like an allergic reaction? Tell the doc, just in case. If you are allergic, the reaction could get worse if you have another scan.

Be Well!

crowneagle
12-18-2015, 10:03 AM
I've had contrast about 15 times just for my eyes and never had a problem but you should be careful because contrast can be deadly if you are allergic to it.

gilders
12-20-2015, 12:55 AM
If it is decided that you are sensitive to contrast rather than allergic, then there might be a solution for any further test you need where contrast is required.
Due to poor renal function I'm not meant to have contrast. But when I desperately needed a brain MRI they risked the contrast (a weaker version), by putting me on IV fluids for 6 before and 6 hours after the scan.

Debbie C
01-02-2016, 05:04 AM
There is a section for new members to tell their story and experiences when you feel up to it...Take care