PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Lily0303
12-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Hi, I'm teala. I was diagnosed with wegeners in 2006. I'm still having an occasional hard time dealing with it but thanks to the doctors and nurses at st.lukes hospital in chesterfield and sharp memorial in San Diego doing alright. I do hope everyone is well since it's close to the holidays hope they are merry :)

annekat
12-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the forum, Teala. 2006, wow, that's quite awhile that you've had WG. Mine started in 2008 but I didn't get diagnosed until 2011. Are you finding that any extra stress in life will make your symptoms flare up? That's pretty much the stage I am at. Not a real flare, just some days are better than others. We'd be interested in anything you'd like to share about the specifics of where WG hit you the most, where you live and were treated, what meds you are still on, if any, stuff like that. The best thing about this forum is feeling less alone with the disease, whether you've had it a long time or not. I hope you keep in touch.

Lily0303
12-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Yeah, when I get really stressed it triggers a flare up. I'm in texas right now, would like to go back to go back to Missouri. Had the best doctor there

Birdie
12-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Hi, I'm teala. I was diagnosed with wegeners in 2006. I'm still having an occasional hard time dealing with it but thanks to the doctors and nurses at st.lukes hospital in chesterfield and sharp memorial in San Diego doing alright. I do hope everyone is well since it's close to the holidays hope they are merry :)

Welcome Lily.

It's always great to hear about someone doing well after many years, or at least reasonably well.

Lily0303
12-03-2015, 06:07 PM
I am really glad I found this site. My fiancé has been on support sites for families and done lots of research. But it's nice to have people to talk to in the same boat as I am.

debra
12-03-2015, 06:44 PM
Lily,hi. Just wanted to say,well hi! The people here r amazing! Sorry u also have this sucky sickness! But glad you're doing well...... Deb.

mishb
12-03-2015, 10:53 PM
Hi Teala and welcome from me in Australia.

You have certainly come to the right place to talk to the people who breathe, eat, live this disease.
This is a place where you can yell and scream and vent your frustrations and we can all hear you because we are there with you, or we have been there.
It's also a place to ask questions but also to help others.

I'm glad you have a great team of doctors and, by the sound of it, a wonderful fiancé

Pete
12-04-2015, 01:53 AM
Hi Teala,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you have good family support and hoping it continues and strengthens as time marches on.

Fwiw, my first girlfriend's (elementary school) name was Teala.

Lily0303
12-04-2015, 04:14 AM
Thank you everyone for being so welcoming. Since I've moved to texas and got back into the rhythm of seeing doctors again, all the ones I've met with have been very knowledgeable. Which is awesome, because I've always disliked the doctors office and having to explain everything 600 times. I tell them wegeners and they go 'I got this'