PDA

View Full Version : Feet and Ankle swelling from Rituxan

JimmyJames
11-30-2015, 11:09 AM
Hi all,

Have anyone of you had problems with your feet and or ankles swelling after Rituxan infusions? I had my second round last week and since then I have noticed swelling in my ankles and now my feet are starting to as well. I have a message in to my doctor and am waiting to hear what she says but I figured I'd see if I could get some first hand knowledge while I wait.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Pete
11-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Here's a link to rituxin side effects: Side Effects of Rituxan (Rituximab) Drug Center - RxList (http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/mobileart-rx.asp?drug=rituxan&monotype=rx-desc&monopage=0)

Birdie
11-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Hi all,

Have anyone of you had problems with your feet and or ankles swelling after Rituxan infusions?

I don't know about Rituxan but it's common with high doses of prednisone.

JimmyJames
11-30-2015, 02:10 PM
I don't know about Rituxan but it's common with high doses of prednisone.

Yes, I figured that is a likely cause as well. I just started noticing it with the addition of the Rituxan. Someday I'll get off prednisone again.

whatthewhat
12-01-2015, 05:43 PM
What else were you given along with the Rtx?

JimmyJames
12-01-2015, 05:47 PM
What else were you given along with the Rtx?

I am on Bactrum and currently 30 mg of prednisone. Prior to the infusion they give me tylonal and Benadryl.

whatthewhat
12-01-2015, 06:02 PM
I was wondering if you had received the big Prednisone dose also. Our daughter gets some with Rtx. It's not Prednisone but...prednisolone? I forget and too sleepy to research!

Birdie
12-02-2015, 05:43 AM
I was wondering if you had received the big Prednisone dose also. Our daughter gets some with Rtx. It's not Prednisone but...prednisolone? I forget and too sleepy to research!

Prednisolone
or
Methylprednisolone

I don't know which is given with Rtx.

Pete
12-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Usually solu-medrol in the US - aka methylprednilisone...