PDA

View Full Version : Two pictures, a year and a half apart...

SpaceflightAddict
11-22-2015, 11:08 PM
Don't let anything stop you. - Album on Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/FYdyP) <--- click there to see the pictures.

It is really amazing what time (and motivation) can do.

I was not happy about some of the things from my last trip to Disney World, so I decided to fix them for this time around.

The first picture, with me in the green shirt, was taken a year and a half ago, around eight months after I was diagnosed with Wegener's.

The second one was taken last week.

Goodbye prednisone chub, you will not be missed.

Jenn
11-23-2015, 04:23 AM
That's awesome, you look great!!

Dirty Don
11-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Fantastic job! Oh to be young again!! LOL, keep on keepin on!!

Debbie C
11-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Wow what a difference....you don't even look sick !!!

woz
11-23-2015, 09:34 PM
Well done, big change, and no more pred, happy days.

Regards Woz...

mishb
11-23-2015, 10:28 PM
You are so young and your hair has grown :tongue1:

Goodbye Mr. Pred, we hate what you do to out body, but we love how you help.

Good job

annekat
11-24-2015, 05:41 AM
What an difference, you don't even look like the same person. I love the long hair and the Minnie Mouse ears! Thanks for sharing, and big congrats for your hard work at recovery. :thumbup:

SpaceflightAddict
11-24-2015, 05:50 AM
What an difference, you don't even look like the same person.

I am not the same person!

This disease has two options; fight, or die. At some point over the last two years, I chose to fight, not only this disease, but all of the challenges of life.

"I can't" or "I won't" are no longer acceptable answers to me. The world really opens up when you look at it that way...

Birdie
11-24-2015, 08:44 AM
"I can't" or "I won't" are no longer acceptable answers to me. The world really opens up when you look at it that way...

And that folks is how you kick Dr. Wegener's butt.

Well, good medical don't hurt none either.

Jaha
11-24-2015, 01:48 PM
You are to be commended, that is so wonderful!! You look so good and really happy. It is nice to see that you are not going to be beaten by our ugly disease. Congratulations you are winning the war!:biggrin1:

whatthewhat
11-24-2015, 04:51 PM
If I remember correctly -such a big IF - you like to hike. I picture how much easier it would be to hike without those other pounds. But whatever - yay you for that new way of thinking, and carrying through on your decisions. And may we discuss how cute your companion is? :-)

SpaceflightAddict
11-25-2015, 12:48 AM
If I remember correctly -such a big IF - you like to hike. I picture how much easier it would be to hike without those other pounds. But whatever - yay you for that new way of thinking, and carrying through on your decisions. And may we discuss how cute your companion is? :-)

You are correct! I do love to hike!

As it applies to hiking, imagine having a 65 pound child sitting on your shoulders all the time. Not too much fun. When that weight is gone, you really start moving!

The cute companion is family of mine. I am not sure anyone else in my family could keep up with me anymore!

We were just at Disney World, and there were almost no lines the entire trip, so we were able to walk on to nearly every ride in every park.

We did a little over 60 miles of walking on concrete while there (ow my feet), and got a ton of cool pictures!

Space Mountain - Album on Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/EAdt1) <--- We were even able to ride Space Mountain four times in one day!

Treesie
11-25-2015, 02:01 PM
Each of us "hike our own hike."

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Treesie
11-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Sometimes we feel as though the mountain that is Wegener's is insurmountable, but with luck and perseverance it is possible to to fight our way to the summit. Cheering you on as you continue kicking Wegener's ass!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Gab122
10-01-2016, 11:21 AM
I am not the same person!

This disease has two options; fight, or die. At some point over the last two years, I chose to fight, not only this disease, but all of the challenges of life.

Hi SpaceflightAddict, I need some of this "fight" you speak of toward the life challenges like attitude and weight gain on pred - and making healthier food choices etc. I'm new to this disease (dx 8/1/16) and feeling down and sorry for myself and eating whatever I want. I spent 6 weeks on 60 mg pred am now on 40.

Any advice for helping me overcome the negative feelings and pred munchies and start taking better care of myself. I can't see the pics you mention at the start of this thread to see your transformation. I started off overweight and have gained 12-15 lbs. plus have the puffy pred face. [emoji1361]

Thanks

Gab

drz
10-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Many of us found counseling helpful in adjusting to our new life with Wegs or our "new normal". It takes a while to come to terms with all the changes Wegs can cause to us and our life style. Every one is different and there is no one right path.

Gab122
10-03-2016, 04:27 AM
Thanks Drz, I really do have a lot to be grateful for. [emoji106] I just rejoined weight watchers this morning. Counseling is another good idea. I'll find my way through this. [emoji57]