PDA

View Full Version : Steroid Induced Hyperglycemia

vdub
11-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Anyone have steroid induced hperglycemia? Its kind of a less fearful, smaller cousin of diabetes 2.
Here's some info on it.... How Prednisone Affects Blood Sugar | Speaking of Diabetes | The Joslin Blog (http://blog.joslin.org/2014/02/how-prednisone-affects-blood-sugar/)

Apparently I have it. I have been testing my glucose levels throughout the day under various conditions and steroid-induced hyperglycemia does react differently than diabetes. Normal, basal type injections from something like Lantus don't work to correct steroid-induced issues. I'm on a drug (pill) called metFormin that supposedly will treat the issue, but it works slowly, so I won't know if its working for several weeks.

Jaha
11-13-2015, 06:36 AM
I am sorry to hear that you yet another complication to deal with. Wegs is the gift that keeps on giving. I hope the medication takes care of the hyperglycemia for you. Take care!

Birdie
11-13-2015, 07:56 AM
Anyone have steroid induced hperglycemia? Its kind of a less fearful, smaller cousin of diabetes 2.
Here's some info on it.... How Prednisone Affects Blood Sugar | Speaking of Diabetes | The Joslin Blog (http://blog.joslin.org/2014/02/how-prednisone-affects-blood-sugar/)

Apparently I have it. I have been testing my glucose levels throughout the day under various conditions and steroid-induced hyperglycemia does react differently than diabetes. Normal, basal type injections from something like Lantus don't work to correct steroid-induced issues. I'm on a drug (pill) called metFormin that supposedly will treat the issue, but it works slowly, so I won't know if its working for several weeks.

Geeeze vdub, how many issues are going to collect? Stay on top of em.

Hey Andrew, we've got a "Like" button. Why not a "Damn That Sucks" button?

vdub
11-13-2015, 06:36 PM
"Damn That Sucks" button?
Yeah, andy.... we need a 'damn that sucks" button.... :-)

Alysia
11-14-2015, 03:30 AM
Yeah, andy.... we need a 'damn that sucks" button.... :-)

Here we have it...

annekat
11-20-2015, 08:41 PM
I'd love to get a chance to scratch that cat's head around the ears and make him purr. If he didn't bite my hand off.....