PDA

View Full Version : New combo

theredhead
11-07-2015, 07:51 AM
Just finished my third week on Orencia injections and methotrexate injections. My nasal cavity is actually clean with just a few crustings. Side affects suck but otherwise pretty cool to finally have some relief. Ask your docs about this@!!!!! (

Pete
11-07-2015, 01:36 PM
What side effects are you having? Hope they diminish soon.

Birdie
11-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Just finished my third week on Orencia injections and methotrexate injections. My nasal cavity is actually clean with just a few crustings. Side affects suck but otherwise pretty cool to finally have some relief. Ask your docs about this@!!!!! (

Hi Red,

I'll ditto Pete and ask about side effects, and also ask what criteria were used to prescribe the treatment? Did something else fail to work or have intollerable side effects?

Thanks,
Gary

Dirty Don
11-08-2015, 04:22 AM
The TV ads alone scare me! Glad the Orencia is working for you. Best to you.

theredhead
11-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Well the first reaction is fatigue. I slept for two days. Hurt all over. Next dose was different, still tired but also antsy! Bit contradictal. Third week FINE!!!!! The study has been going on for a year now in mass and Penn. I think. My doctor knew the doctor doing the study and felt confident with starting me on this. Let's hope it lasts. I am allergic to rituxin so we had to find some other option.

Pete
11-08-2015, 08:37 AM
If you're improving and the side effects don't get any worse, you should be ok. Keep your doc advised of your side effects and their severity. They may need to adjust the dosage. Good luck!!!

Birdie
11-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Well the first reaction is fatigue. I slept for two days. Hurt all over. Next dose was different, still tired but also antsy! Bit contradictal. Third week FINE!!!!! The study has been going on for a year now in mass and Penn. I think. My doctor knew the doctor doing the study and felt confident with starting me on this. Let's hope it lasts. I am allergic to rituxin so we had to find some other option.

Very cool... you're a groundbreaker. Hope it works wonders for you and everybody else who may benefit when the trial is over. As for side effects, well you can't get away from that. Seems any treatment has side effects. Come here and vent as needed. :)

theredhead
11-09-2015, 12:35 AM
Thank you for your good thoughts. I've never met anyone with our fun disease. Glad to know you are out there for me!

Jaha
11-09-2015, 07:27 AM
I am wishing you all the best with this new treatment. Please keep us informed on your progress, this is very exciting to hear there maybe some new options out there. Take care of yourself.

theredhead
11-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Thank you all!