PDA

View Full Version : Menstruation after stopping cyclophosphamide

Afaf
11-03-2015, 10:57 PM
Anyone, has had any experience of amenorrhea while on cyclophosphamide and then after stopping it return of menstruation?

csjknits
11-05-2015, 03:08 AM
I wonder the same thing. I'll be following this thread. I have missed six months and have just recently switched from cyclophosphamide to Azathioprine. At first I only had amenorrhea but now I am having hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause. I am 41. I was initially working with a rheumatologist who told me it was not likely to come back.

NicShaf
11-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Mine were irregular for a while, but never went away completely. After Cyclo was stopped, they went back to normal, although they were slightly shorter than they had been before.

whatthewhat
11-05-2015, 01:05 PM
All of the pediatric Weggie girls I know of resumed cycles. And those who had not ever started eventually began. I don't know if it makes a difference, but pediatric cases usually have Cytoxan administered thru infusion, to my understanding.

txrepub4God
11-11-2015, 06:25 PM
I am 42 & my period was already very hit-or-miss for a year before starting Cytoxan. I would have a very short period, then nothing for many months, then another short one. I began taking Cytoxan in May 2015 (150 mgs/day oral), and haven't had a period at all. I pray it's gone for good! I never had kids and had my tubes tied at age 27.

Lily0303
12-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Mine had stopped for a few month prior to being on cyclo, but when I was released from the hospital they came back regularly. And jimminie crickets did they hurt! Now rarely is a month is missed but when it does hurts like the dickens.