PDA

View Full Version : Remission Question

chrishans
12-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know if Weg's Disease can go into remission on it's own? I have progressively improved over the last two months. I am 90% back to where I should be. I have had classic symptoms of Wegs for 18 mos. but they were rarely debilitating. I have not been on meds (pred) for three months now. I have confidence in my Dr at Cleveland Clinic.

Sangye
12-24-2009, 01:39 PM
You're in excellent hands at Cleveland Clinic.

To answer your question: There's no evidence that Wegs will go into remission on its own (ie, without any meds). But what it takes to achieve remission can vary widely. If you had mild symptoms--even for 1-1/2 yrs-- it typically is easier to get you into remission.

How wonderful that you're off pred! Are you off all meds? :)

Jack
12-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Not sure about going into remision on its own, but my symptoms did go through a period of being much reduced in the time before diagnosis. They then flared up and put me at death's door within a period of a few weeks! :eek:

jola57
12-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Difficult question. So far this is an incurable disease but remissions do vary widely. Since you seem to have limited wegs and your symptoms were only mildly debilitating, maybe your remission will last for a good long time. here's a New Year's wish for you :))