PDA

View Full Version : My Video recorded at the Vasculitis Symposium

blu4runner
09-28-2015, 11:39 PM
Here is a link to the video we recorded and the vasculitis symposium in Jacksonville. This is part 1 and is produced by the Vasculitis Foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srL4-0zwe8Q (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/redir.aspx?C=C7LvvlG6IUWPSB0H2GHMR4rhshyAzdIIAz_78 VHKmoULoJJAVERqeAbwmGyxWYokrnCHkR85Dw4.&URL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3dsr L4-0zwe8Q)

annekat
09-29-2015, 05:07 AM
In my case, the page was not found. Could have something to do with my very old computer and obsolete browser, but usually youtube and other links will still open. Will try again later after everything is refreshed.

rebekah
09-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Great video, Victor! Looking forward to seeing the second part! :)

Anne - for some reason you can't click through the link (at least it didn't work for me either), but if you copy and paste the link you can get to his video. :)

Debbie C
09-29-2015, 10:14 PM
Anne - for some reason you can't click through the link (at least it didn't work for me either), but if you copy and paste the link you can get to his video. :)
HA ! HA !
I'll have to wait till it comes to the theaters !

blu4runner
09-29-2015, 11:29 PM
Ed Becker of the vasculitis foundation shoots and edits the videos and he does a great job

annekat
09-30-2015, 02:21 AM
For some reason, with my old computer, youtube doesn't work well from their site anymore, though I may see and hear it fine from other interfaces such as Facebook. So I could hear your voice but the video wouldn't keep pace. But it was mostly your voice and the things you said that mattered! Great job! I will revisit it and Part 2 as well. Looking at some upgrades soon and things will be more normal.

drz
09-30-2015, 02:31 AM
Great video, Victor! Looking forward to seeing the second part! :)

Same for me: copy and paste works but not the link.

Good video. Nice job!

Birdie
09-30-2015, 10:36 AM
Same for me: copy and paste works but not the link.

Good video. Nice job!

This is what I get if I copy the link:

h t t p ://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/redir.aspx?C=C7LvvlG6IUWPSB0H2GHMR4rhshyAzdIIAz_78 VHKmoULoJJAVERqeAbwmGyxWYokrnCHkR85Dw4.&URL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3dsr L4-0zwe8Q

That will never work.

The BB software is butchering it. If you enter a URL (I'll try it below) the BB server changes your link in the post. Or at least it has for me in the past, we'll see below.

My Stash (http://www.garyrin.com)

Above I entered:

h t t p ://www.garyrin.com

without the spaces

Yep, it went and got the page title and replaced the URL I had in the reply editor. So with the link for this video you have to select the actual text and copy that. You can't right click and select copy link from the popup menu, and you can't click the link.

Anne, it's not your antique computer.

Birdie
09-30-2015, 10:52 AM
Ed Becker of the vasculitis foundation shoots and edits the videos and he does a great job

You said something important

"getting the diagnosis was a relief".

As much as it sucks to have it, it's far worse having it without knowing what you have.

annekat
09-30-2015, 11:04 AM
This is what I get if I copy the link:

Anne, it's not your antique computer. Gary, as I said, I am able to copy and paste the link and get to the youtube video just like other people said they could, except you, apparently. So, no, that part is not my antique computer. What is, is that once I get to youtube, the video doesn't play correctly, the audio is fine but the video will not keep up. This is a problem I've been having for awhile with all youtube links, not just this one. And it IS my antique computer, specifically the obsolete operating system and browser which cannot be upgraded, except by installing a Linux operating system. I have done the research.

Whatever you are doing on your computer is over my head and probably those of others here, too.

Birdie
09-30-2015, 01:40 PM
my antique computer, specifically the obsolete operating system and browser which cannot be upgraded

If you're running Windows XP or Windows 7 then there is no reason to change the OS. That's as good as Windows can be. Sure wish I could get back to Windows 7...

So how old is your antique? The computing world made a giant leap a little less than a year ago and most people didn't notice. I got this $87.00 tablet, connected it to a tv with an HDMI cable plus an old keyboard and mouse. Suddenly I had a very cheap, very capable, very modern and brand new desktop replacement computer. My first hard drive was larger, it only held 6mb and cost $1,500.00. Now, sitting at the desk you'd never guess that the computer is much smaller than the standard keyboard I plugged into it. And it's the most portable PC ever, only a bit larger than a big cell phone. Looks like a cell phone, even smells like a cell phone, works like a real computer. (sorry Apple people, that's not a computer, (hold up small tablet) this is a knife, er, computer!)

annekat
09-30-2015, 02:25 PM
My computer is a 10 or 11 year old Apple laptop. And if it isn't a computer, if that's what you are saying, then I would not be sitting here typing this post on it. The operating system is no longer supported and cannot be upgraded because it doesn't have an Intel processor as all the newer ones do. It is a good old workhorse of a computer and has done very well by me, whatever your opinion of Apple computers is. It is not my opinion.

I also have a PC laptop of about the same age that someone gave me, after wiping the hard drive. So it has no operating system; it had Windows XP, which is also no longer supported. I don't have the money to buy a Windows operating system for it, but it might take Windows 7. Linux is what I plan to install on it for now, just haven't decided which one or ordered it yet. Can do the same thing for my Mac but they are more available for PCs and I will give that a shot first, to get a feel for it.

The solution you describe above sounds interesting and I've seen some cheap tablets for sale. But $87 is even a lot for me right now. I will keep it in mind, though. I have a TV and an old keyboard and mouse.

This thread is supposed to be about Victor and his video, so let's try not to get Putinized.

annekat
09-30-2015, 02:27 PM
:back on topic: