PDA

View Full Version : Tooth Discomfort

pwc51
09-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Does anyone experience tooth discomfort with GPA / WG? I have just started to get intermittent aching of my teeth. It is certainly not tooth-ache.

I have had GPA / WG for 6 years. I remember a slight problem around the time of diagnosis but had so many other problems this was the least of my issues. It disappeared as soon as treatment started so thought no more about it! I have not suffered from this since, even through my 3 subsequent flares.

I had a blood test last week and all readings are good (about as good as they ever are!).

Thoughts welcome.

Pete
09-21-2015, 12:30 AM
I had some discomfort in my left upper jaw with my bicuspids and first molars. I told my dentist about it (it was sensitive to touch at the root level). He took a panoramic X-Ray but couldn't position the machine and my head to get a clear picture. Same with bite wings. Finally got a CT scan that showed a cyst at the bottom of my sinus. My wegs doc saw it when she read the scan. She said to leave it alone unless the pain got worse. So far, so good...

drz
09-21-2015, 02:24 AM
I had pain on upper right back teeth early this year when chewing and thought I had developed some tooth problem but dentist identified it as an inflammation in the sinus area and an antibiotic seemed to settle it down. I had no other symptoms suggesting a sinus infection.

Birdie
09-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Does anyone experience tooth discomfort with GPA / WG? I have just started to get intermittent aching of my teeth.

My situation probably doesn't apply to you but I'm loosing my teeth, one fell out this week. It's caused by granuloma in my gums. Could be something to consider.

Gary

drz
09-22-2015, 12:59 AM
My dental problems increased greatly after developing Wegs. Pred causes problems with calcium absorption and dry mouth and mouth sores are common with Wegs too. Regular and frequent dental exams are important once you have Wegs or diabetes.

MikeG-2012
09-22-2015, 02:43 AM
Does anyone experience tooth discomfort with GPA / WG? I have just started to get intermittent aching of my teeth. It is certainly not tooth-ache.

I have had GPA / WG for 6 years. I remember a slight problem around the time of diagnosis but had so many other problems this was the least of my issues. It disappeared as soon as treatment started so thought no more about it! I have not suffered from this since, even through my 3 subsequent flares.

I had a blood test last week and all readings are good (about as good as they ever are!). Thoughts welcome.

When I was in full-bore flare-up, I had massive tooth pain. Mostly in the molars at first, then it moved to the front when the nose started having active involvement.

Keep after it and if it does not get better, have your ENT scope the sinuses to make sure there is nothing going on in there that you don't need. (-8

Randy
09-22-2015, 01:55 PM
My teeth tend to ache a lot. I thought it was just old age until reading this. Thinking back it started after I developed Wegner's. It is especially bad after I get a filling done. The nerves seem to be extra sensitive.

woz
09-22-2015, 10:17 PM
My first signs of Wegs was bad tooth ache, it started in one tooth and then moved around my mouth, to other teeth, in either side of my mouth, top or bottom, I had 3 or 4 teeth re filled, my dentist had no idea.

Regards woz....

greenjeep
10-22-2015, 06:47 AM
I know sinusitis can cause a dull ache in the upper teeth, but I too had a horrible toothache a couple of months ago. Just about the time I was going to gave it looked at it went away completely. I didn't ask any questions so I wouldn't be told any lies.

Sent from my iPhone while pondering the inevitability of a plurality of intersecting realities.

pwc51
10-22-2015, 08:27 AM
I think it is sinus related - Dentist can see nothing. I am just getting over a bad cold (started well after the onset of the tooth problem) which has exacerbated the problem. Once through the cold I am getting bloods done and my rheumatologist suggests getting some scans etc to try and narrow down the issue.

Thank you all for your input.