PDA

View Full Version : Extra large plugs / slugs ???

Jayne 14
09-11-2015, 04:38 AM
The crazy things I blow from my nose have got quite a lot bigger of late , literally bigger than my little finger
is this usual ???

annekat
09-11-2015, 06:52 AM
The crazy things I blow from my nose have got quite a lot bigger of late , literally bigger than my little finger
is this usual ??? I would say YES, for sure. Why they are getting bigger of late, I can't answer, but that size is not big at all compared to some we have heard of and even seen pictures of on here, if we dared to look. I don't remember the names of the threads, but the word "boogers" was probably in at least one of them.

I can only speculate a couple of things. 1.) perhaps more is accumulating and not being flushed out every time you irrigate (if you do) with a saline rinse, via squeeze bottle or neti pot, e.g. If you aren't irrigating, that could be a reason for it building up and causing more of a blockage, compounding the problem. 2.) If there is erosion in the bony structures of the nasal cavity, some of the spaces for mucus to collect could be getting bigger, producing larger clumps. In my case, it is sort of the opposite; the bony parts are just about all eroded away, so the nooks and crannies where mucus is produced and collects have kind of disappeared. As a result, I have less of them and smaller ones nowadays, though there is still some, and if I'm not diligent about rinsing, they will build up to pretty big chunks. BTW, these are just theories from my overactive imagination.... :unsure:

txrepub4God
09-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Ha ha ha - slugs! That's a great word to describe what has been coming out of my nose! I've always called them grey, rubbery blobs, but you get the idea. I think they are actually a type of fungal ball, which really shouldn't be up there in our nostrils. I have been diagnosed with aspergillosis fungisitis in the past, and every time I get a bad sinus infection, I get slugs coming out of my nose. Ugggggggh, I really feel for you.....those are very hard to blow outta there.

is this usual ???

MikeG-2012
09-11-2015, 08:22 AM
is this usual ???

Yes indeedie. Most of us with the sinus issues have had these giant crusts at one time or another. Mine were so big coming out during flushing/waterpiking that my wife would come over to the sink to see what just made that huge noise when it finally let loose and I was able to blow it out.

After talking to your ENT, who, if he's any good, will remove them when you go in, irrigate, irrigate, irrigate. Irrigating my nose fairly aggressively has got my nose back to the best it has been in 3 years. I have a pretty close relationship with my ENT now, and that relationship is paramount to my continued quest to get my nose as close to normal as I can.If you have those kinds of crusts and are not satisfied with what your ENT is helping and telling you to do, GO FIND ANOTHER ONE!!

Birdie
09-11-2015, 08:28 AM
That's a great word to describe what has been coming out of my nose!

Speaking of things coming outa the nose, for a long time I had what can only be described as string cheese. As much as two feet long and gooey rubbery sticky mess. Then there was corn flakes for a while, soaked bleached white rubbery corn flakes.

Like the new profile pic... the face on the right is a big cutie, guessing about 75 lbs? :)

txrepub4God
09-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Thanks Birdie! Ha ha ha ha ha - she FEELS like she weighs 75 lbs. and food is her favorite subject. She is a Puggle - which is a freakin' stubborn mix of a Pug and a Beagle....and yes, she roooooooos (howls) just like a Beagle. My vet even said, "If there are two dogs that should never be mixed, it's a Pug and a Beagle....they're both stubborn as heck." Although, she is the comedic entertainment for the home. I also have a Blue Heeler on her last paws with cancer, a lab mix that is the best dog on the planet, and a mess of a black weenie dog that thinks she owns the house. Couldn't make it without any of them, which I'll have to do very soon, because the Blue Heeler really is going downhill fast. :(

Speaking of things coming outa the nose, for a long time I had what can only be described as string cheese. As much as two feet long and gooey rubbery sticky mess. Then there was corn flakes for a while, soaked bleached white rubbery corn flakes.

Like the new profile pic... the face on the right is a big cutie, guessing about 75 lbs? :)

mishb
09-11-2015, 11:28 PM
is this usual ???

Jayne, this could be a sign of infection or even a sign of WG lurking and raising it's ugly head.

Have you had any bloods done lately?

Like everyone else has said, I would get to rinsing the sinuses a bit more often, but also an antibiotic to take for a couple of days to put a halt to any infection that may be lurking

Alysia
09-12-2015, 08:07 PM
of course. see that thread http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/3378-warning-extreme-booger-pictures-ahead-not-safe-lunch-4.html
don't miss post number 40 on page 4, and also the lovely star fish of my sweet Phil.

Alysia
09-12-2015, 08:11 PM
now seriously, bloody big productions from the nose are indications for wg activity. smoldering or flaring. 4 years like that made me a saddle nose. I think that it means that you need to ask again your wg doc about your treatment. maybe its not enough. only after getting rtx, I stopped having this lovely "fishes" (this is how Phil and me called them). docs neglect smoldering but it can cause damages not less them flaring. please update how are you doing.

Jayne 14
09-15-2015, 08:25 AM
I'm assuming your talking about Ce Ce our neopolitan mastiff !!
yes about 75 lbs or so

Jayne 14
09-15-2015, 08:28 AM
Now it appears I may have a stomach ulcer , awaiting a camera down throat & scans
bloody steriods
s slugs from nose are least of my problems

drz
09-15-2015, 12:39 PM
Now it appears I may have a stomach ulcer , awaiting a camera down throat & scans
bloody steriods

Good luck in getting it treated and best wishes for quick healing.

Alysia
09-16-2015, 02:59 AM
bloody steriods

I am sorry....
are you taking omperadex or losec before the pred ? to protect the stomach ?
sending my prayers and love <3

Jayne 14
10-05-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm not taking any stomach protection - assuming that's what you asked about
the pain I get is of the chart , thankfully I've pain killers ( co coda mol ) to help but they only mask the pain
im at the doctors on Wednesday to make a plan / get results from the tests , scans , endoscopy ( doc who did the camera said its a big ulcer & other stuff causing the pain )
bloody wegners the stuff to help rid it gives you other crap

Alysia
10-05-2015, 05:05 PM
I'm not taking any stomach protection - assuming that's what you asked about
the pain I get is of the chart , thankfully I've pain killers ( co coda mol ) to help but they only mask the pain
im at the doctors on Wednesday to make a plan / get results from the tests , scans , endoscopy ( doc who did the camera said its a big ulcer & other stuff causing the pain )
bloody wegners the stuff to help rid it gives you other crap

With pred more then 10mg we must take omperadex to protect the stomach. Sending my prayers. Please update us.

Jayne 14
10-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Well I've been to the docs, I'm now on that stomach protecting stuff, and also iron tablets 3 x a day as very anaemic and got to have a camera up my bum ( yuck yuck ) as hospital not sure what's going on from the endoscopy so the joy continues .
feel bit fed up but at least I'm being looked at so that's something I suppose
thanks guys x

Birdie
10-08-2015, 11:21 AM
got to have a camera up my bum

Oh my, you may want to sleep during that depending on how far the camera is going. If they're inflating your colon I think it's required in the US, they're less kind in other parts of the world.

Alysia
10-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Well I've been to the docs, I'm now on that stomach protecting stuff, and also iron tablets 3 x a day as very anaemic and got to have a camera up my bum ( yuck yuck ) as hospital not sure what's going on from the endoscopy so the joy continues .
feel bit fed up but at least I'm being looked at so that's something I suppose
thanks guys x

Dr. Phil used to say that anemia can be indication to wg activity. Do you think that your wg might be active ?
I am sorry that you had to go through those procedures. When you do the preparing before please ask about the stuff that they give to clean the colon before. If you do need preparation before. I remember that Lilly posted here somewhere about some stuff that we are not allowed to get. If I will find the thread I will add it.
Hang in there. Sending prayers & love ♡

Alysia
10-08-2015, 11:25 PM
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/hospitals-clinics-doctors-nurses/3942-careful-when-being-treated-hospital-emergency-rooms.html
Here I found it
Never use enema with peroxide

Debbie C
10-08-2015, 11:53 PM
She is a Puggle - which is a freakin' stubborn mix of a Pug and a Beagle....and yes, she roooooooos (howls) just like a Beagle. My vet even said, "If there are two dogs that should never be mixed, it's a Pug and a Beagle....they're both stubborn as heck. :(
I went to the dog pound yesterday,to give them treats and there is a Puggle there that I am thinking about fostering. As soon as I opened the cage door he started licking my face :).Sorry to hear your other dog is so ill,I know how hard it is to lose a pet.

Dirty Don
10-09-2015, 03:02 AM
Before 'Putin' arrives, I love puggles!! And pugs!! Stubborn is great!!!! LOL