PDA

View Full Version : VA benifits for Wegeners or Camp LeJeune tainted water

jdk529
09-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Hello all, I came down with WG 8 yrs. after serving with the Marine Corps in Viet Nam and being stationed at Camp LeJeune NC. The VA denied compensation for my WG back in the early 70's but now so much more has been learned, does anyone know of any veterans that were near agent orange or was stationed at Camp LeJeune receiving compensation from the VA?

Thanks for any help.

Jdk529

Birdie
09-09-2015, 12:29 PM
does anyone know of any veterans that were near agent orange or was stationed at Camp LeJeune receiving compensation from the VA?

Things have changed dramatically since the 70's. Go back and get it re-evaluated. The outcome will likely be very different.

Pete
09-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Give the current state of the VA system, why would you want to go there for wegs? Agent orange - they're probably your best bet.

Birdie
09-09-2015, 01:03 PM
current state of the VA system

Hey Pete! I spent the day at the Phx VA. Keep getting mixed results. One office/group is fantastic and the next one you deal with is horrible. Still crossing my fingers, being optimistic, hoping I can actually get health care since it's my only option. So... radiology A+... pharmacy A+... vampire folks are over the top A++... and what I need the most is 4F... rheumatology and PCP...

Pete
09-10-2015, 05:27 AM
Hi Gary,

I'm guessing you're not eligible for Medicare yet. Can you get Medicaid? Anything affordable through Obamacare? To be located in Phoenix where there are wegs experts at Mayo seems to be a case of so near and yet so far away... Sigh

Birdie
09-10-2015, 08:22 AM
I'm guessing you're not eligible for Medicare yet. Can you get Medicaid? Anything affordable through Obamacare? To be located in Phoenix where there are wegs experts at Mayo seems to be a case of so near and yet so far away... Sigh

You have to be on SSD for two years before Medicaid kicks in. Health insurance I have to pay for is out of the question. My understanding is that I don't qualify for programs intended for those with no health care as long as I've got VA. It's a steep learning curve but I sorta think I can make the VA work.

My wife's best friend came from Texas to Scottsdale Mayo for a problem she had for 20 years. Stayed for two weeks and cost her (mother) a lot of money (no insurance). They diagnosed Wegeners when none of her symptoms matched anything Weg. Went back to Texas and back to her old treatment. Until this forum I had a low opinion of Mayo. Hearing about the success here has changed my opinion.

mishb
09-11-2015, 11:50 PM
The below Thread might help

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/1358-agent-orange-wegener-s-granulomatosis.html